Migration from Virtuemart possible

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 months ago #208

Hi,
I have an existing webshop built with Virtuemart, but for some reason I have been looking for an alternative for a while. Biggest problem with Virtuemart is the presentation of different languages, a component called Joomfish has to be installed, kind of difficult to me, anyway I need my shop in three languages.
However in order to avoid building up a new shop from scratch, it would be great if there was a solution to migrate the existing one to a hikashop. Would that be possible?

Best wishes
wolfsauge

Last edit: 13 years 6 months ago by wolfsauge.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 6 months ago #211

We have plans for that but nothing yet.

As HikaShop uses a different database structure from Virtuemart, it's quite complex to do it. But anyway, could you tell us what kind of information of would need to convert in priority ? Orders ? Products ? Categories ? etc

13 years 6 months ago #212

Thanks for replying so quickly.
I guess priority would be : categories - products - customers - orders
Best wishes
wolfsauge

13 years 5 months ago #1431

I would love to have this too! I'd jump over to Hika in an instant. I'm wondering if CSV export (the component) would take the needed info from virtuemart and then it would just be a matter of putting that data into the correct import format for Hika?

13 years 5 months ago #1435

Yes. Now that we added the import feature to HikaShop. You can export the virtuemart products info and import it in HikaShop. You will have to change the CSV header, but that shouldn't be too complex. You will still have to add your categories beforehand though. Also, we don't have a solution yet for orders made before in virtuemart.

13 years 3 months ago #4706

I would like to know if there are already any good solution to migrate from Virtuemart to Hikashop as we have several projects that could migrate to your Excelent Platform.
Our major concern is Categories, Products and Products attributes

Regards

13 years 3 months ago #4712

You should be able to export the products from virtuemart with something like CSVi www.csvimproved.com/csv-improved/csvi-vi...s/view-category.html and then import them with the import function we have in HikaShop. You might have to open you CSV in excel or a corresponding tool to change the headers name but that should be difficult.

The categories can be imported in HikaShop but I couldn't find something to export them in VirtueMart.

You can read more about the import feature on that page: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...hikashop-import.html

There is not a two clicks conversion tool for now.

13 years 3 months ago #4849

without a real migration tool virtuemart-->Hikashop it seems unrealistic to migrate a website full of products customers and orders

13 years 3 months ago #4859

Yes, we understand that. I' just trying to give all the possibilities available, even if they aren't perfect.
We hope to provide a solution in the future to migrate but it's a task which must not be taken lightly and we already have other features in development.

13 years 3 months ago #4861

I understand

I shall try Hikashop with Joomla 1.6 for new customers

13 years 3 months ago #5113

Do you have a list of suitable column headers for a csv sheet? I have my sheet exported from virtuemart and would like to import in to hikashop but I woudl like to know what the column headers should be. Any suggestions?

13 years 3 months ago #5116

You can enter garbage in the textarea zone of the import and click on the import button. That will display you an error message with all the fields you can use. The complete list of fields will depend on the characteristics and the custom product fields you created.

13 years 3 months ago #5171

After playing with virtuemart for a while and now Hikashop it seems feasible to do it manually (well to me). it would take a bit of work but its possible although Im not sure about order history's ect.....

• Thank you received: 2
12 years 2 months ago #40475

Hello

Another VM user here wanting to migrate.

I took a look at your component some months ago and It still seemed far away from VM.

Nowadays things have changed, VM have released a beta version (they call it stable :whistle: ) that has already failed and your component seems the best e-commerce solution for Joomla.

Please make an effort in the requested VM - Hikashop migrator.

In my opinion: Users (customer data) + Orders is the first thing to consider.

If we could migrate these 2 things to your shop I'll migrate tomorrow to your component, I don't mind having to pay something for this to be done but please think VM is your biggest competitor and many of us would like to be able to migrate ASAP.

Regards

12 years 2 months ago #40653

Hi,

We already have a migration tool from VM 1.x to HikaShop (it's been 8 months that we have it). You can access it via the menu Products->Import.

It will import lot of things:
products, prices, images, addresses, users, orders, manufacturers...

12 years 2 months ago #40724

Thanks, thought this wasn't available yet :lol:

12 years 2 months ago #40802

BTW Nicolas we are planning to migrate in one month or so to your system, we would try to do it ourselfs but if we have issues can we get a bit of support from your team with the payment of the business edition?

Regards

12 years 2 months ago #40924

Sure, we'll do our best to guide you.

• Thank you received: 5
12 years 3 weeks ago #45607

I am having a problem.. The attached file os from a live VM site and not sure where to go or what to do to rename the headers? For import into HikaShop businesss? Tried it as is, but it is just hanging and no errors reporting...so I stopped it.

Jim

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by IamJim.

12 years 3 weeks ago #45616

You need to edit your file via Excel and change the name of all the columns in your CSV to the names used in HikaShop. You can do an export of one product in HikaShop in order to get the names of the columns and what they are used for. That will generate a CSV of the data, like the one from VM that you will be able to open with Excel.

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds