Please configure your payment methods

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 5 months ago #1561

Hi. I installed Hikashop and added some products. I can add the broducts to cart but when I try to go to checkout there is this message "Please configure your payment methods". The user cannot select a payment method. I activated paypal from Hikashop configuration.

Thank you.
Regards,
Ovidiu

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 5 months ago #1563

Hi,

You need to go to System->Payment methods and edit the payment method and save its configuration. Just publishing it isn't enough.

13 years 5 months ago #1570

Hi nicolas
Thank you for the answer. I did the configuratios as attached but I still get that message as initial. The Zone code is not saved after I click "Apply".

Kind regards,
Ovidiu

Attachments:

13 years 5 months ago #1571

Coould you give us access to the back end of your website so that we can have a look at the problem ? You can send the information to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Last edit: 13 years 5 months ago by nicolas.

13 years 5 months ago #1574

If you activate the debug mode of joomla and try to access the checkout page you will have this error:

500 - JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1267 - Illegal mix of collations (utf8_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_unicode_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' SQL=SELECT a.*,b.* FROM jos_hikashop_payment AS a LEFT JOIN jos_plugins AS b ON a.payment_type=b.element AND b.folder='hikashoppayment' ORDER BY b.ordering ASC

So there seems to be a collation difference between joomla and hikashop when there shouldn't be any. Changing the collation of one of the two tables to the collaction of the other table in the database will solve the problem.

We are looking at changing that query in order to avoid such problems.

13 years 5 months ago #1575

Changed the payment_type field from utf8_general_ci to utf8_unicode_ci. It's working fine. Thanks a lot.

Kind regards,
Ovidiu

13 years 1 month ago #10818

Hi,

I have alike question. There are messages in Jommla front-end:

# Please configure your payment methods
# No shipping method found

You said in this topic
"You need to go to System->Payment methods and edit the payment method and save its configuration. Just publishing it isn't enough."

When I go to System, there is no "Payment methods" option? (you can see in the picture attached)
Perhaps, I am missing something and did not go to right System?

Regards

Attachments:

13 years 1 month ago #10839

Hi,

I see on your screenshot that you use a special backend template. Normally, you should have sub menus for each menu under the title of the page (like on the right screenshot of that page : www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...-install.html#update where you can see the sub menus of the Help menu ). If you don't, that means that your template breaks the HikaShop menu.
In that case, please try to change the option "Menu position" in the tab display of the configuration. That might help in fixing the problem.

13 years 1 month ago #11318

hi nicolas

please i am stucked up doing * Please configure your payment methods

i had enabled plugin all plugins and added product,,
tried a lot,,
please help me please..

Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sagar.

13 years 1 month ago #11319

@sagar: Please look at that post to find a solution to your problem: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...appearing.html#10607

13 years 1 month ago #11320

nicolas wrote:

@sagar: Please look at that post to find a solution to your problem: www.hikashop.com/en/support/forum/4-how-...appearing.html#10607

thanks for such a quick reply..
great support..
but my php is 5.3 and this is also done * 1/ Check that the payments plugins are installed and published
* 2/ Check that you have configured your payment plugins (edit it and save its configuration)
* 3/ Check that your template is able to display error messages: www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentation/61.html
* 4/ Check that you have the payment view in the checkout workflow option of the configuration
* 5/ If you restricted your payment methods to zones, check that the address you're using is inside those zones ! Otherwise the payment methods will be filtered out.
* 6/ Check that the currency you're using is supported by the payment plugins you're using. Some payment plugins only supports a limited number of currencies. You should check that with the support of the payment gateways you're using.
* 7/ Please make sure that you didn't change the currency code of your currency. Otherwise, the payment plugins won't recognize your currency. If you want to change the display of your currency, we invite you to use the "format" option on the right of the currency options screen as well as the symbol field.

13 years 1 month ago #11321

Could you do a screenshot of the settings of one of your payment methods ( without the popup on top of it so that we can see how you configured it) ?

13 years 1 month ago #11323

sir,, i really apologize for such a dump question,, mine problem got sough-ted,, thanks a lot..
can you give me an overflow where there will be only one checkout thats on cash on delivery and once the person hits checkout he will enter the address and directly order will be submitted via cash on delivery,,

once again i apologize for being that stupid

13 years 1 month ago #11324

You didn't save the payment methods authorize.net, moneybookers and check. Only the collect on delivery method was saved but you restricted it to afghanistan which is why it wasn't displaying either since your address was in france. Both points were stated in the documentation above mentioned...

11 years 3 months ago #84117

Hello,
I am new to Hikashop and I am having some issues with "configuring and no payment method found" Ive read all the post on this issue and I was able to resolve one problem and thats the " Configure payments"

Now that I've got that completed, I am still getting an error message when I try to check out in my shop. The Message is "No payment methods found" I've done the plugins for Paypal and I think I've configured everything right, but there must be something that I am looking over. Could you please help me with this?

I am using Joomla 2.5 + Hikashop. I'm not able to do a screen shot from the computer that I am using now. So maybe there is another way that you can help.

Thanks
William Buchanan

11 years 3 months ago #84131

I found the problem. I had to click YES on the debug button in the paypal edit screen.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds