UPS Shipping

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 10 months ago #54332

Is there documentation on how to run and setup the Ground Freight Certification Test for the ups plugin

if there isnt any can someone tell me how to set it up? the following is the test needed so i can ship over 150 lbs and make plugin production ready.

1.10 Ground Freight Certification Test Cases

One of the certification requirements for the Ground Freight API requires that the correct results from Scenario 1 is entered into the web form on ups.com under the Manage your access key, request production access. Scenarios 2 through 6 are for developer testing only.

Scenario 1 – Basic Pricing

Input:Type Value

Shipper Name Developer Test 1
Shipper Address 101 Developer Way

Shipper City Richmond

Shipper State VA

Shipper (Origin) Zip 23224
Consignee Name Consignee Test 1
Consignee Address 1000 Consignee Street
Consignee City Allanton
Consignee State MO
Consignee (Destination) Zip 63001
Prepaid/Collect
P (Prepaid)
Weight (lb) 1500
Class 92.5
NMFC 116030 sub 1

Output:
Certification requires the return of result data. Provide the following three (3) data results on the Global eCommerce form for Freight Certification:
Total Freight Charges:
<freightShip:TotalShipmentCharge>
Or <freightrate:TotalShipmentCharge>
Pickup Confirmation Number:
<freightPickup:PickupRequestConfirmationNumber>
BOL Number:
<freightShip:BOLID>
An email will be sent approving production access. Once granted, point your software to:
onlinetools.ups.com/webservices/FreightShip or onlinetools.ups.com/webservices/FreightRate

I hope someone can help i can not get things to work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
11 years 10 months ago #54358

The UPS plugin in HikaShop does not handle that.
It would require additional development.

I'm afraid that you will have to hire a developer if you want to do that.

11 years 10 months ago #54362

so the ups LTL function is in the ups plugin but it doesnt function?

I ask this because when i called ups they told me my access key will only produce a LTL quote if that key is in production status.

or is there a work around to get the plugin to produce a LTL rate estimate? or is there a way for me to configure things as i have single items that go over 150 lbs and if i set a weight based wont that goof me up if a customer makes a multiple item purchase... sorry just stumped for a solution?

how run the ups sample tests for me to my correct key... and for how much? do you have solution.. or can you all be paid to do it?

11 years 10 months ago #54459

It seems to be the case yes.

We didn't know that LTL requires a specific API to be implemented.

I couldn't find much information on that yet. I'll have mohamed look at it tomorrow but I'm afraid that in order to handle that, it would require additional development yes.

11 years 10 months ago #54547

Im all about a solution if anyone has some thoughts. as my store is dead without a way to figure through this

11 years 10 months ago #54558

Shipper Name Developer Test 1
Shipper Address 101 Developer Way

Shipper City Richmond

Shipper State VA

Shipper (Origin) Zip 23224
Consignee Name Consignee Test 1
Consignee Address 1000 Consignee Street
Consignee City Allanton
Consignee State MO
Consignee (Destination) Zip 63001
Prepaid/Collect
P (Prepaid)
Weight (lb) 1500
Class 92.5
NMFC 116030 sub 1

its more i need to run this above test dee the displayed answer and then submit answer to ups and then they will turn on the ltl feature for my api

(actually there are 4 tests in total.. this is the first one)

Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by texomapoolguy.

11 years 8 months ago #60553

Hi,

Has this issue been resolved so that the UPS shipping plugin will be able to calculate LTL freight?

11 years 8 months ago #60602

Hi,

No. As I said in my previous message, it would require to develop that specific API in the plugin, which we didn't do.

11 years 8 months ago #60607

I understand, and thank you for the reply.

Do you know if the FedEx shipping plugin supports freight services?

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #60640

Hello,

Can you tell me exactly what do you mean by freight services ?

11 years 8 months ago #60674

I had to put using Hika on hold over it... have to be able to calculate weights over 150 lbs

11 years 8 months ago #60675

in order to have the ups plugin return rates for ltl we have to run test quotes and return the correct values to ups so it will calculates rates for ltl when freight weight is over 150 lbs.

an alternate option if it is possible that works on my other site... is it possible to setup ups plugin so that if a zero weight is entered for the product then it is treated as free freight and ups plugin does not calculate it?

I hope that makes sense what i am trying to get across im not the best at explaining what i need and probably many others need that use a drop shipper that prefers using ups...LOL

11 years 8 months ago #60720

In the US, we commonly refer to shipments weighing over 150lbs. as freight shipping. Less than Truck Load (LTL) is the term used to describe shipping freight that is heavier than 150lbs. while not requiring a dedicated full tractor trailor truck delivery. UPS and FedEx both have freight services and have APIs for getting real time quotes into online ecommerce systems...

ltl.upsfreight.com/

shipfreight.van.fedex.com/index.aspx

There are also many other companies (freight carriers)that deliver freight. (YRC, ABF, Estes, R&L Carriers, etc.) And then there are freight brokers that are essentially logistics companies that work with many freight carriers to find their customers the best pricing and delivery by comparing the offerings from many freight companies. Most of the time, the freight brokers will have pricing much lower that UPS or FedEx. Some of the larger freight brokers (see below) have APIs for their services just like UPS and FedEx.

b2b.freightquote.com/Ecommerce.aspx

freightcenter.com/business/API.aspx

www.myfreight.com/Rate-Quote-API

Ideally, I would love to have a HikaShop plugin developed that would work with one of the freight broker's APIs. I would certainly be willing to contribute financially (within reason) to the development of a working HikaShop plugin for one of these freight broker APIs.

Please let me know if you know of any developers that can help. I know that there are probably many HikaShop owners in the US that would benefit from such a plugin.

Thank you!

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

Can you tell me exactly what do you mean by freight services ?

• Thank you received: 1778
11 years 8 months ago #61016

Hello,

I modified some parts of the UPS shipping method regarding the group package option's weight and dimension limitation, then you'll be able to choose all of your package weight and dimension limitation.

Attachments:

11 years 2 months ago #90096

Mohamed Thelji wrote: Hello,

I modified some parts of the UPS shipping method regarding the group package option's weight and dimension limitation, then you'll be able to choose all of your package weight and dimension limitation.

does this do anything to bypass the 150 pound limit?

11 years 2 months ago #90252

No.

But if you select only freight shipping methods in the UPS plugin, it will bypass the weight limit of the packages in the plugin and UPS should give back the possible rates for the packages even above that limit.

11 years 2 months ago #90263

yea ive had that enabled from the start. when i called ups yesterday the fellow i was talking to said they dont have a api for freight thats in production mode. do you know of anyone that has got freight working on this plugin? im sure its possible the person i talked to could be wrong.

11 years 2 months ago #90509

Apparently, UPS and FedEx have APIs for freight, but they are different from the normal one. In any case, you won't be able to use the plugins in hikashop for freight.

11 years 2 months ago #90787

Can this be looked into and added it would really help a lot of us out

I found this site explaining the feature we need for a testing mode to get our Freight API KEY for ups

www.marksanborn.net/php/calculating-ups-shipping-rate-with-php/

And attached from ups is the latest instructions and sample code (will not let me attached so attached pdf intructions)

File Attachment:

File Name: Shipping_G...uide.pdf
File Size:1,633 KB

If this helps

Thank you in advance for taking A LOOK

Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by texomapoolguy.

11 years 2 months ago #91023

Thank you for the information.

It's already on our todo but as you know, we can't work on everything at the same time.
And that's a work which can easily be externalize as it would require a specific shipping plugin to be developed.
So if a third party developer could work on that, that would be great as we don't plan to work on that in the short term.

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds