Config: display characteristics name not working

• Thank you received: 0
11 years 4 months ago #82517

In HikaShop Essential 2.0:

I have a product titled "A Treatise on White Magic" with two variant values - Paperback and Hardcover. The product code is 123, and the variant IDs are 4 and 5 for Paperback and Hardcover. The default product is the Paperback version.

In Configuration > Display, if I set

• "Append characteristics value to product name" to "No" and
  • "Display the characteristics name" to "Yes"
- then I would expect to see on the front end the product title "A Treatise on White Magic - Paperback" for the paperback version, but instead I see "A Treatise on White Magic 123-4". (i.e. I get the product code instead of the variant characteristic name).

Problem 1:
No combination of the above two configuration settings gives me what I want to see: "A Treatise on White Magic: Paperback" or "A Treatise on White Magic: Hardcover" (i.e. to include the characteristic name but omit the product code).

Problem 2:
When I have set both Configuration options to "Yes", then on the front end I select the product from the Category list, it defaults to "A Treatise on White Magic 123-4" as the product title at the top of the page and omits the variant characteristic name. But when I click the Hardcover option, it correctly displays "A Treatise on White Magic: Hardcover 123-5". And when I click the Paperback option is now correctly displays "A Treatise on White Magic: Paperback 123-4". In other words, on first display of the product page, it is correctly displaying the Paperpack code but is missing the variant characteristic name "Paperback" in the title.

Last edit: 11 years 4 months ago by Lemon Tree.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
11 years 4 months ago #82769

I think that you answer is in this topic:
www.hikashop.com/fr/forum/4-how-to/76266...-code-etc.html#81400

The following user(s) said Thank You: Lemon Tree

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds