using tabs in tabular layout

• Thank you received: 8
10 years 4 months ago #134769

-- HikaShop version -- :2.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 1.5
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.8
- Browser -- : Firefox 25.0.1

Hello,

Compliments for the flexibility, the ease of use and good support of Hikashop. I'm migrating a Virtuemart 1.1.9 shop, was frustrated about Virtuemart 2 and decided to start using Hikashop, probably the business version. Alas some aspects of Hikashop take time to get used to. First of all: the way modules are used is very confusing. Also the handling of SEF urls is confusing and not as expected. A disappointment was the search plugin using the standard Joomla search component, but I understand that the filter option in the business version creates search results the way I like (and like Virtuemart does).

Right now I'm testing the Hikashop Starter version on a local XAMPP installation. The documentation and the forum are very helpful and I could solve most problems.

My question is about the tabular layout of products.
1. In some categories products show two tabs: Description and Specifications. In some categories products only show one tab: Description. I don't understand why not always two tabs.
2. I can't find a way to put content into a specific tab. I also tried to do this in the Hikashop Demo website and couldnot find how to do this.

Hope you can help.

Regards,
Udo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 4 months ago #134816

Hi,

1. The specifications tab is only displayed when there is things to display in it, like product weight, dimensions, etc.
2. To add a tab or add content in a tab, you have to edit the view "product / show_tabular" via the menu Display > Views and add an entry like:

<li id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom_li" class="hikashop_tabs_li ui-corner-top"><a onclick="displayTab('hikashop_show_tabular_custom');" href="javascript:void(0);"><?php echo JText::_('YOUR_TAB_NAME');?></a></li>
In the <ul class="hikashop_tabs_ul"> element.
Then add a div with content after the "ul" thanks to:
<div class="hikashop_tabs_content" id="hikashop_show_tabular_custom">
<!-- Your div content -->
</div>

It require some HTML knowledge.

10 years 4 months ago #134943

Thanks, Xavier, for the reply.

One problem appeared to be that the custom css didnot contain any lines for the tabs div layout.
That problem arose after my recent update from Hikashop version 2.2.1 to version 2.2.2.
After selecting the default css the tabular layout shows like it should. With one problem: the active tab doesnot close when opening a new one. Also an update problem??

I've edited the product/show_tabular view like you said. And when I add a product weight indeed the tab heading Specification shows.
Adding a content div like in your instructions makes the content of the new tab static. But I prefer the content to be dynamic, changing for each product.
How to add dynamic content to the tab? Bt way of a code in the product description?

regards,
Udo

Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by Udo. Reason: Accidentally I wrote 'upgrade' in stead of 'update'

10 years 4 months ago #134974

Hi,

Yes maybe another update problem. A link to your website could help me to see and understand the problem.

To have dynamic content, you need to use PHP in the new div.
It depends of what kind of content you want to display, you can probably use the custom fields to store informations in the product edition page and display in on the frontend thanks some php code.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 3 months ago #141114

Hi Udo, just looked at your site and the tabs look great. Could you give some tips on how you finally got this to work?

Cheers
ed

10 years 2 months ago #141298

Hi Ed,

There must be a misunderstanding because my Hikashop site isn't live yet.

Anyway I stopped using the tabular layout because for me it's rather complicated and inflexible.
It's more convenient to use a plugin like Tabulizer / Tabber.

Best,
Udo

8 years 7 months ago #214974

Hello Xavier,

I am having a similar issue. I have just tried adding the php codes that you added to the chat. However, it's not working for me. I am trying to display only an image in the tab. Please advise.

Thank you in advance!

8 years 7 months ago #214976

I figured it out, I copied the code wrong. Thank you!

8 years 7 months ago #214977

Hi,

Please have a look at this documentation:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/i...ow-tabular-view.html

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds