9 years 11 months ago #155357

-- url of the page with the problem -- : Local dev server
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.0 - Build of May 5
-- Joomla version -- : x.x
-- PHP version -- : x.x.x
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : XXXXX x.x.x
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Error_message

Me again. Sorry.

So, in the effort of utilising myself a workaround which is being often recommended here by the chiefs here, I created a new category which I left unpublished. "Good", I'm telling myself, "products inside that one are my secret!"

Nope, not true. AFAIK, in all sorts of modules and menus they do hide, actually, and the category doesn't show up in category menus or lists, either. But there's the one that shows it all, still. Even if ACL is set to very exclusive staff or 'none'. Duh.

Here are the settings:

1. "Stand-by" category under 'product category. (BTW, it doesn't help if it's under 'root'. Same thing.)

2. Category set to "Published: No" and "ACL: None". (Again, doesn't matter at all.)

3. And here's the menu settings that show all products, still, even the contents of any unpublished category. Any.
This menu produces a listing of all products in the order of creation, obviously - other than that nothing special, or?

Not sure why it's me. I'm also using HikaMarket, but it doesn't matter who 'owns' the product, it's all the same. (A twist to the whole thingy over in that forum, but irrelevant for the basic problem here.)
I clicked "Rebuild" categories a few times.
Again, I tried creating a brand-new 'hidden' category right under 'root' - works fine with my discount cats there under 'Specials'. Not for an unpublished one and that menu.
Needless to say, same with ANY other cat from under 'product category.
I used a virgin HikaShop without customisations by temporarily removing them. No help.

Can you help? Thanks!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Attachments:
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lousyfool.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
9 years 11 months ago #155378

Hi,

Looking at the settings of your menu, it will display a listing of the products directly under the category "product category", and won't show the products of any sub category, regardless of whether it's published or not.
So I don't see how it's possible that it display products of unpublished sub categories.
Are you sure that you provided the settings of the menu item you're talking about ?
Note that if you have a product which is attached to both an unpbulished and a published category, there is no reason why that product shouldn't display, unless you unbpublish it directly at the product level.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lousyfool

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 11 months ago #155512

Thank you very much for your reply, Nicolas. Like before, you helped me fixing the problem!

However - and I may first point out that, as usual, I do remove all customisations and test that way before posting here:
I see what you mean as it's set to "Direct sub elements" only, but yes, the screenshot shows the menu which, yes, shows all products from all categories and their children under product category, no matter if a category is published or not or limited per ACL. (I could get you a screenshot incl Firebug below, haha). No, all these products are each in only one single category, and none is directly in 'product category'. ***

Now, this might be a mystery for you to solve. So far it didn't bother me as it did what I wanted - until I was trying to use unpublished categories.

You helped by making me flip the switch to "All sub elements", and guess what - woohoo, the products in the unpublished category don't show anymore! So, now I can use the workaround (actually, for HikaMarket...).

Thank you! And sorry for both, bothering you, and causing another riddle...

*** Edit (well, 'add-it'):
I know with a menu showing all product under 'product category' it's not a good idea to have the same product in more than one category. That's why until now I had moved my categories for featured and discounted products outside of 'product category' and under 'root' - otherwise they would promptly show twice. Guess now I can bring those categories back and instead unpublished them, hehe... - thanks again!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
Last edit: 9 years 11 months ago by lousyfool.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds