New to HikaShop, have configuration questions

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 6 months ago #176381

-- url of the page with the problem -- : cca-florida.net/index.php/component/hikashop/product/listing
-- HikaShop version -- : 1407241754
-- Joomla version -- : 3.2.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 33.0

I'm setting up my first HikaShop installation (am currently a VirtueMart user). The client has asked for some specific changes to the cart layout and a few other items, so I want to find out if these changes are possible. And if so, how they are accomplished.

1. On this page: cca-florida.net/index.php/component/hikashop/product/listing
Can I add a quantity selector for each item, then only have one Add to Cart button? In other words, we just want to list all the items, let customers select the quantity for each, then click the Add to Cart button to add all items to the cart (in the specified quantity) at one time.

2. Once an item is added to the cart and the customer goes to the Checkout page, the current layout has the user info at the top and the cart contents at the bottom. Can those positions be swapped so that the cart contents are at the top and the user info (Billing Address, etc) is at the bottom?

3. Some of the people testing the cart are reporting that on the Checkout page, their Joomla username is being displayed in the Quantity box for the items in their cart. I have not seen this in my testing, but is it a known issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 6 months ago #176408

Hi,

1. Yes. Change the option "Display the quantity field on the product page" to "Global on listings" in the configuration of HikaShop.

2. Yes. You can modify the "Checkout workflow" option of the Checkout tab of the HikaShop configuration for that. There is a drag'n'drop system to swap/add/remove the elements or have them in several steps.

3. I've never heard of that issue. All I can think of is that their browser is auto-filling the quantity box with the username they have entered on another website.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CreativeProStudio

9 years 6 months ago #176498

Thank you, nicolas! That was exactly the information I needed.

Excellent support! This is my first HikaShop installation, but I am really liking it so far. I'm sure as I get more familiar with it, that I'll like it even more.

Thanks again!!

9 years 6 months ago #176499

One more question. Back on this page: cca-florida.net/index.php/component/hikashop/product/listing

Is it possible to add a title to the Quantity box? Something like "Enter Quantity Here:"

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 6 months ago #176513

Hi,

Yes. Edit the file add_to_cart_listing for your front end template via the menu Display>Views of HikaShop and add your text at the beginning of the file.

The following user(s) said Thank You: CreativeProStudio

9 years 6 months ago #176676

Perfect! Thank you!

I love that HikaShop is so flexible. It could be a little more intuitive with respect to learning how to tweak it. But I suppose that will come with experience. I expect that the more I use it, the better I'll get at figuring things like this out. :)

Time to create page: 0.064 seconds