- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
11 years 11 months ago #176866
by at36
Editing Hikashop Forms - I think? was created by at36
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1,
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox latest
Hi there, I am fairly new and have managed to figure out how to change the display views, via product views etc.
Here is where I have come a little unstuck, I am sure it is quite simple with the right guidance, but i have ended up going in circles at the moment
I want to carry out the following on the product form
a) Make the Add to cart button smaller
b) shift the add to cart button and qty to the right a bit so to add the letter QTY beside qty, but to still be flush with the rest
c) To make the space between the above drop down Europe and Add to cart button smaller
d) TO bring the two fiedls closer country and Europe r at least to be flush with the right edge of the add to car button
e) to make the Border smaller but the border to encapsulate that whole section as shown in GREEN
Effectively I am trying to replicate something like this
Any guidance and a point in the right direction re:documentation etc or other threads would be great.
have brain freeze at the moment
Thanks
A
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.31
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox latest
Hi there, I am fairly new and have managed to figure out how to change the display views, via product views etc.
Here is where I have come a little unstuck, I am sure it is quite simple with the right guidance, but i have ended up going in circles at the moment
I want to carry out the following on the product form
a) Make the Add to cart button smaller
b) shift the add to cart button and qty to the right a bit so to add the letter QTY beside qty, but to still be flush with the rest
c) To make the space between the above drop down Europe and Add to cart button smaller
d) TO bring the two fiedls closer country and Europe r at least to be flush with the right edge of the add to car button
e) to make the Border smaller but the border to encapsulate that whole section as shown in GREEN
Effectively I am trying to replicate something like this
Any guidance and a point in the right direction re:documentation etc or other threads would be great.
have brain freeze at the moment
Thanks
A
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176899
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hi,
These modifications will require to add custom CSS on your website.
Here is a tutorial which explains how to add such custom CSS in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
These modifications will require to add custom CSS on your website.
Here is a tutorial which explains how to add such custom CSS in HikaShop:
www.hikashop.com/support/support/documen...ize-the-display.html
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176923
by at36
Replied by at36 on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Will give it a try and come back to you. Do I need go edit a particular view?
thanks A
thanks A
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176931
by at36
Replied by at36 on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
I do need some help can you give me a starting point e.g. which files to edit and a bit of example code, I am not good with CSS etc so picking this up on t he fly
Thanks
Thanks
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #176951
by nicolas
Replied by nicolas on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hi,
There is only one frontend CSS file that you can edit via the Display tab of the configuration page. So you can't miss it.
Make sure that you're looking at the Display tab and not the Display menu of HikaShop where you can edit the views of HikaShop (which is something else).
In order to give an example, I would need a link to the page on your website as the CSS to use will also depend on the CSS of your Joomla template, which I don't know.
There is only one frontend CSS file that you can edit via the Display tab of the configuration page. So you can't miss it.
Make sure that you're looking at the Display tab and not the Display menu of HikaShop where you can edit the views of HikaShop (which is something else).
In order to give an example, I would need a link to the page on your website as the CSS to use will also depend on the CSS of your Joomla template, which I don't know.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #177071
by at36
Replied by at36 on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hi there Nicolas,
Thanks for the advice.
1. In the template I am using there is no frontend css turned on so I have basically hacked away at Hikashop.css and show_tabular.php which is in a html folder (apparently overriding the origninal views etc) e.g. gk_storefront/html/com_hikashop/product
2. Having said that I have managed to hack my way around and come up with this so far which still needs some work, but at least it is in the right direction, As you can see I need some help reducing the space for the button and amount and also the alignment of the button
3. Further I have added another image below, when I click on the cart I do not see an option there to remove the item.
I hope you dont mind I have PM you the site to have a look and maybe point me in the right direction
Thanks v much
A
Thanks for the advice.
1. In the template I am using there is no frontend css turned on so I have basically hacked away at Hikashop.css and show_tabular.php which is in a html folder (apparently overriding the origninal views etc) e.g. gk_storefront/html/com_hikashop/product
2. Having said that I have managed to hack my way around and come up with this so far which still needs some work, but at least it is in the right direction, As you can see I need some help reducing the space for the button and amount and also the alignment of the button
3. Further I have added another image below, when I click on the cart I do not see an option there to remove the item.
I hope you dont mind I have PM you the site to have a look and maybe point me in the right direction
Thanks v much
A
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by at36.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 11 months ago #177349
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hello,
1. What do you exactly mean by "In the template I am using there is no frontend css turned on " you'll just have to edit your front-end CSS File through the "CSS" tab of the page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display".
2. Using some CSS code like this can do the job :
3. You should set the "Show delete icons in the cart" option to YES through the configuration page of your Cart content module
1. What do you exactly mean by "In the template I am using there is no frontend css turned on " you'll just have to edit your front-end CSS File through the "CSS" tab of the page "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Display".
2. Using some CSS code like this can do the job :
Code:
div#hikashop_product_quantity_main {
margin-top: -62px;
}
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 11 months ago #177395
by at36
Replied by at36 on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hello again
To answer your question in turn
a) I am using the template from gavick pro which on your site says has been customised for Hikashop. There is no front end CSS file being utilised please see image below at present. All changes have been made by hacking away at hikashop.css. I am not sure if I am being clear as i am taking this in bbaby steps
b) Show delete icons on the cart is turned on, but only display once you click proceed to checkout not on the mini drop down I have shown in the image i attached in the previous post.
Thanks in advance for all help
A
To answer your question in turn
a) I am using the template from gavick pro which on your site says has been customised for Hikashop. There is no front end CSS file being utilised please see image below at present. All changes have been made by hacking away at hikashop.css. I am not sure if I am being clear as i am taking this in bbaby steps
b) Show delete icons on the cart is turned on, but only display once you click proceed to checkout not on the mini drop down I have shown in the image i attached in the previous post.
Thanks in advance for all help
A
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Less
More
- Posts: 12953
- Thank you received: 1778
11 years 10 months ago #178324
by Mohamed Thelji
Replied by Mohamed Thelji on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hello,
Sorry for the late reply :
A. Ok but can't you select for example "Default" through the "Front-end CSS File" option ?
B. The only explanation is that :
- You're editing the wrong cart module via "Hikashop -> Display->Content modules"
- You have added some code customization through the "cart" file of the "product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views."
Sorry for the late reply :
A. Ok but can't you select for example "Default" through the "Front-end CSS File" option ?
B. The only explanation is that :
- You're editing the wrong cart module via "Hikashop -> Display->Content modules"
- You have added some code customization through the "cart" file of the "product" view of your front-end template via "Hikashop->Display->Views."
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
11 years 10 months ago #179203
by at36
Replied by at36 on topic Editing Hikashop Forms - I think?
Hello no probs i will come back to you on this as I made need a liitle guidance
Thank u
Thank u
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds