Notices (warning boxes and so forth)

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Essential
9 years 4 months ago #183839

-- url of the page with the problem -- : casesmithcustoms.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.3
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.4

Is there a way to locate and tweak all the pop up warning boxes that show up throughout the site? Such as :items added to wishlist" and No shipping method found"

I was able to find some in the display-> views section but others are not their and seem to be in languages > edit section... Is there a way to locate the main ones used and add fonts or images to the warning or update them in any way?

Thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 4 months ago #183842

Hi,

Like so often, content and style are two separate things. So, one by one:

The content of these messages is typically in language files - as you were already guessing. So, to change it, you use language overrides. If you're not familiar with it, see the documentation of HikaShop (" How to modify translations for my precise case ").
Usually, you can also use HTML in the text strings (careful with double quotes, though, they are used only to open and close a string - a simple workaround is using single quotes inside the strings where required). Means, you should be able to place icons and images as well.

The style, including fonts, sizes, etc, can be controlled per CSS. Here some documentation on CSS in general.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 4 months ago #183878

Thanks for the help...

Been trying stuff like this:

COUPON_NOT_VALID="<div class='yjtbox yjtb_red radiusb4 nt_warning'>The coupon you entered is not valid"
</div>"

In the languege override section but no like, it is not changing anything... Any help would be appreciated on how I get the CSS code tow work in there..

9 years 4 months ago #183900

Hmm, two things:

1. If you used the exact string as posted here, you're having one double quote too many - behind the word valid. Please check again, and if that's the case, please remove it and try the result.

2. Which CSS file are the classes defined in? It should be the template's (custom) CSS file.
In any case. you can (and should ;) ) always use Firebug or a comparable browser console to analyse present HTML and CSS sources and simulate/try if your existing classes will work.

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 4 months ago #183962

Hi,

Yes,, that was a bad example.. I have tried just about every option of quotes and strings though and nothing changes in the "warning notice...

I believe the CSS classes are defined in the templates custom CSS file. The codes I am trying to use are "shortcodes" supplied by the template for adding style throughout the site...

any tips on how to add style with these types of CSS codes to the Hikashop notices and warnings would be appreciated.. It seems that trying to get them into a string does not work unless I am missing something..

9 years 4 months ago #183970

If you still have applied these classes to the COUPON_NOT_VALID string, I can't see it because I always get a different error message ("No shipping method found - Please login or register to view shipping prices") when trying to enter a wrong coupon. So, I can't see what's right or wrong for the particular system message you're using as an example.

However, I can see that at least your template.css and other template-related CSS files are loaded and used for the styling of these messages. Not knowing what the classes you're using are supposed to do, it's hard to say why it's not working for you.

So, perhaps let's focus on a message that is easily accessible, like the one regarding shipping methods I mentioned here: Maybe you can modify this by applying your classes, confirm it's set in a template CSS and tell what significant difference it should make by posting its CSS?

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 4 months ago #184014

Such override should definitely work:
COUPON_NOT_VALID="<div class='yjtbox yjtb_red radiusb4 nt_warning'>The coupon you entered is not valid</div>"

Remember, no double quotes and not return carriage are allowed in translation strings of Joomla translation files.

• Hikashop Essential
9 years 4 months ago #184028

Hmmm..

Yes, I did get it to work with others now, just not the coupon code one.. So the posted code

COUPON_NOT_VALID="<div class='yjtbox yjtb_red radiusb4 nt_warning'>The coupon you entered is not valid</div>"

Does work for any other string... I assume that at checkout for a coupon code which is not valid (that I am trying to fix the notice) that the :: COUPON_NOT_VALID :: string is the wrong one?

9 years 4 months ago #184039

Unless changes in the file /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classed/discount.php had been made, COUPON_NOT_VALID is the correct one for what the message is saying.

So, it's very strange if it works for other messages but not this particular one.

Just in case there's a remote chance for a misunderstanding about the message we're talking: if you searched the language file en-GB.com_hikashop.ini of HikaShop 2.3.4 for COUPON (case-sensitive), you'd find 30 instances, the majority in the section ";checkout - coupon" starting at line 95. Might be an idea for you to look through this and verify you are working on the right message.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds