• Thank you received: 5
9 years 2 months ago #189674

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.smart-drones.com
-- HikaShop version -- : Starter 2.3.5
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.6
-- PHP version -- : 5.3.28
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox 35.0.1

Hi everyone!

I have been having difficulty getting the Hikashop component to show in the Purity III template. The reason for this is that Hikashop was designed to be compatible with Bootstrap 2.xx and Purity III uses the T3 Framework base on Bootstrap 3.

As a result the display gets messed up.

However we stumbled upon a seemingly simple and straight-forward fix that would convert the class structure of Bootstrap 2 (which Hikashop relies on to display it's modules) into the Bootstrap 3 class system...

This involved adding the NoNumber ReReplacer component which you can find here: NoNumber ReReplacer

Inside the component we made a new 'Rule' that simply replaces and overwrites the old Bootstrap 2 classes to the new Bootstrap 3 classes.

So...

span1,span2,span3,span4,span5,span6,span7,span8,span9,span10,span11,span12,offset1,offset2,offset3,offset4,offset5,offset6,offset7,offset8,offset9,offset10,offset11,offset12,row-fluid,container-fluid,hero-unit,img-polaroid

Became...
col-sm-1,col-sm-2,col-sm-3,col-sm-4,col-sm-5,col-sm-6,col-sm-7,col-sm-8,col-sm-9,col-sm-10,col-sm-11,col-sm-12,col-offset-1,col-offset-2,col-offset-3,col-offset-4,col-offset-5,col-offset-6,col-offset-7,col-offset-8,col-offset-9,col-offset-10,col-offset-11,col-offset-12,row,container,jumbotron,img-thumbnail

vvvv Here is how it should look in the Joomla! backend vvvv

So far so good, it works. However......

Our main concern is that this is just a cosmetic or 'superficial' fix and that somewhere down the line Purity III or Hikashop will start showing major bugs...

Does this look like a legitimate solution or should we start worrying? :eek:

Here is the full guide... http://www.joostrap.com/support/tutorials-videos/206-boostrap2-to-bootstrap3-super-easy-update

Best regards,

Jethro.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pierre Corell, vrtulka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 years 2 months ago #189690

Hi,

It's a good start.
You might have surprises with bootstrap popups ( but you can use mootools popups instead with one of the options of the HikaShop configuration), or yes/no radios (if you display any on the frontend of HikaShop, which is not the case by default).
So nothing major that I can see.
We'll also have a bootstrap 3 integration coming in one of the releases of 2015.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro

• Thank you received: 747
9 years 2 months ago #189781

Hi,

Neat idea for a "workaround", thanks to NoNumber and Joostrap.

Few notes from my personal perspective:

1. Certainly, no one will "guarantee" that this workaround will function 100% well with 100% of code and 100% of the time - not Joostrap, not NoNumber, and certainly not any extension provider such as HikaShop. So, you're by yourself when using it, and in case of trouble you can't solve yourself, you might need to look for help elsewhere.

2. With the free Rereplacer version, you cannot restrict it to only certain components (like HikaShop) or content/modules; it's always the entire HTML output being affected. So, as Nicolas says, you might have surprises here and there, also in other areas of your site.

3. What you're getting in "responsiveness" is better than nothing, but you'll be missing using "mixed" classes for different grids on mobile/tablet/desktop: getbootstrap.com/examples/grid/

4. Third-party support (like here) might become tricky since your HMTL output will look as if original views were modified/overridden (I know Rereplacer doesn't modify files, but for anyone looking at your HTML output it'll look like mods). Eventually this might result in you being sent back to your template provider, or - if you state you're using this "hack" - you might be asked to disable it for at least as long as support requires.

5. Keep an eye on your server's CPU resources. This particular case might not require so much CPU usage, but if you're on a shared server with tight resources, this might bring you closer to the limits, even if it's only one little extra piece.

6. Finally, for a "hobbyist" site where only a blog or whatever else "uncritical" is getting published, it's... well, not so critical. For a professional on-line store where performance, functionality and the infamous "UX" are ultimately critical, I myself would find it very risky, and would always prefer a good solid solution based on clean, "un-hacked" code and working, well-supported tools.

Just my 6 cents. ;)
But then, you might be absolutely fine! So, good luck!

Need help with customisations of layouts, style or other site development? PM me!
(Don't forget to turn on "E-mail notification of new messages" )
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jethro

9 years 2 months ago #189789

Thank you Nicolas and Lousyfool,

That is very good advice.

I will go as far as I can with this workaround until Hikashop supports Bootstrap 3 (Which will solve everything)! Will post back here to let you know whether it works or not in the mean time.

Many thanks for your considered replies, very helpful!

In any case, the Hikashop documentation is some of the best that I have ever seen.

Sincerest regards,

Jethro.

Last edit: 9 years 2 months ago by Jethro.

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #217289

Hello,
What are the news Jethro?
Is it still working or you do not recommend it?

Thanks a lot in advance, Julie

8 years 6 months ago #217362

Hi Julie,

You can visit my site and see for yourself, it's all working like a charm! I would be nice to have Hikashop automatically integrated to Bootstrap 3 frameworks but I believe there are big changes to how Joomla itself approaches the issue that are coming up.

Yes, there is a bit of a learning curve, but I believe it is worth it.

All the best,

Jethro.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jderouin

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
8 years 6 days ago #237540

nicolas wrote: Hi,

It's a good start.
You might have surprises with bootstrap popups ( but you can use mootools popups instead with one of the options of the HikaShop configuration), or yes/no radios (if you display any on the frontend of HikaShop, which is not the case by default).
So nothing major that I can see.
We'll also have a bootstrap 3 integration coming in one of the releases of 2015.

is this version released?

8 years 6 days ago #237542

Hi,

We changed our plans since then. We're currently working on HikaShop 3.0 and we want to have HikaShop responsive by default independently from bootstrap. So it will work with all the Joomla templates, without doing anything.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jderouin

• Thank you received: 3
7 years 11 months ago #238802

Is there an ETA on Hikashop 3 and the anticipated feature set?

7 years 11 months ago #238844

Hi,

We're working actively on it and hope to release it after the summer.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds