Breadcrumbs disapear when at product view

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 3 weeks ago #197822

river wrote: OK, I can see that this works fine.

But it ads "/category_pathway" at the end of the url, this is fine by me.

But the only problem is that I have more that 1300 products and I have to make a 301 redirect manually for all of these product in order to keep my ratings in Google. I would use the ReDJ component. But this will take ages.

Any better solution ?

Any advice on my question here ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13079
9 years 3 weeks ago #197828

@nokki00:
I've checked your website but I couldn't find why the system was not adding the category_pathway parameter to your URLs. So have activated back the "force canonical URLs for listings" option and entered the correct canonical URL with the category_pathway parameter in it (with the id of the category of the product) to your products and it's now working like you want.

@river:
No need to make any 301 redirects.
The old URLs of the products will still work even if the canonical URLs of the products have the category_pathway added to them.
And since you'll have the URLs with that extra parameter as canonical URLs, Google will just update the new canonical URL with that parameter next time it indexes the product pages.

• Thank you received: 3
9 years 3 weeks ago #197830

Excellent ! Best news I've got today.

Should I just use the mass-action in order to update all of the product canonical-urls at the same time

• Thank you received: 13079
9 years 3 weeks ago #197840

Yes. Empty the product_canonical URL of all of the products and HikaShop will regenerate them when you list the products.

The following user(s) said Thank You: nokki00

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 3 weeks ago #197956

@nokki00:
I've checked your website but I couldn't find why the system was not adding the category_pathway parameter to your URLs. So have activated back the "force canonical URLs for listings" option and entered the correct canonical URL with the category_pathway parameter in it (with the id of the category of the product) to your products and it's now working like you want.

Thanks so much

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds