Previous / Next Button Configuration

• Thank you received: 0
9 years 1 week ago #198873

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.image-circle.com/testsite/index.php/...ct/461-trillium-2004
-- HikaShop version -- : latest
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Hello,
I'm having the same issue that others have had in that I need to correctly configure the previous/next buttons. They do not point to the next/previous products in the current category. My products are in multiple categories which I understand is part of the problem. I've read replies to others having the same issue, but could not find instructions on how to fix this.
Would appreciate your help.
Best Regards,
Scott

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
9 years 1 week ago #198881

Hi,

The category you want to use for the previous/next should be the first one listed in your product.
Then, the buttons will select the products next to the current product in that category based on the value of the "ordering" column of the products listing in your backend.

The following user(s) said Thank You: MrsIE

9 years 1 week ago #199058

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not sure the remedy you suggested will work for me. Let's say I have a product (image) that is listed in 2-4 categories and it is a black and white image. I have categories named "Black & White", "Landscape/Nature" and "Travel" that include many of the same images. In the Landscape/Nature and Travel categories there are both color and B&W images. In the B&W category there are of course no color images.

How do I configure the previous/next buttons to deal with the issue of only proceeding to the next or previous product within an individual category? VM handled this issue well.

Thanks,
Scott

9 years 1 week ago #199075

Hi,

If you want to have different previous/next buttons based on the category you're coming from, it's possible too.
In that case, you want to turn off the "simplified breadcrumbs" option of the HikaShop configuration.
It will add an extra parameter "category_pathway" to the URLs of the product pages with its value being the id of the category the user is coming from. That will allow the system to rely on it for the previous/next buttons instead of always using the first category of the product.

9 years 11 hours ago #199942

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I do have the "simplified breadcrumbs" option turned off. Is there another setting I might try?

Best Regards,
Scott

• Thank you received: 92
9 years 10 hours ago #199945

Hi
how do you is configure hikashop to have a list of product content but that one page contain only one product !
Does the pagination is the joomla one or specific to hikashop ?
Is there a way to have a list of each product on the same page appear near ech product like the one create by using readmore for article ( Article ll contain all my products separate by a readmore ).

regard's

8 years 11 months ago #199987

path to simplified breadcrumbs
The documentation follow the hikashop "path"

hikashop-config page

hikashop-config chapter features_sef

• Simplified breadcrumbs: The simplified breadcrumbs display a shorter breadcrumb, it don't display the categories.

• Hikashop demo website don't let us acces to the configuration file

breadcrumb show actual cache content so check cache state status setting in joomla plugin , and breadcrumb module .

Menu to category list that show list of link to product
    Click on the product link show different "breadcrumb path "
    But seem don't work

NB path to the SEF url option :-> simplified breadcrumbs seem to chnage beetween version
    Configuration --> Main tab --> SEF Url Options --> Simplified breadcrumbs
    ..........or
    Configuration --> Features tab --> SEF Url Options --> Simplified breadcrumbs

Attachments:
    Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by lionel75.

8 years 11 months ago #199992

Hi,

@swdhika :
    Once you turn off the "simplified breadcrumbs" option, there is an extra category_pathway parameter added to the URLs going to the product pages. If you don't see that parameter in the URLs, it means that either you have some caching on your website (regarding the pages, or regarding the SEF, like sh404sef does), or you have canonical URLs in your products which are used instead of regenerating the URLs with that extra parameter. In that later case, you have to turn off the "Force canonical URLs on listings" option of the HikaShop configuration so that the system can generate the product page URLs based on the current location and add the current category_pathway in the URL.

@lionel75 : I didn't understand your questions regarding the pagination/read more. What I can say is this: The pagination is displayed by both Joomla and HikaShop. HikaShop extends the Joomla pagination system in order to display the pagination.

The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel75

8 years 11 months ago #200111

Hi
    @nicolas how do you custom the php code for pagination display /manage /override by hikashop ?
    thank's

8 years 11 months ago #200148

Hi,

It depends what you want to change. HikaShop extends the normal Joomla pagination so that you can pretty much customize it the same way you would customize the Joomla pagination.
    For example such pagination.php file www.lesarbresdesign.info/support-information/pagination will customize the rendering of both the Joomla pagination and the HikaShop pagination.

Time to create page: 0.101 seconds