Universal AJAX Search not loading images

• Thank you received: 16
8 years 10 months ago #206429

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1

Since last update to HikaShop 2.5 my Universla AJAX Search results module started failing.

It is not loading images so it shows a blank area although I can percieve the DIVs and links to products by hovering.

Then in those products that have a Canoncial address assigned it ads an unwanted extra in the end of the URL link, it creates the right URL but with this extra that breaks it

my_right_url_driving_me_to_my_product/component/universal_ajax_live_search/

I tried both with the HikaShop search plugin and the one provided by offlajn and updated in 09 / 06 / 2015 so is not as updated as what it looks in their download area of their site.

Already contacted offlajn the product maker but is weekend and don't know when will they attend this.

Any clue here in the HikaShop community?

Did this happen to somebody else?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13108
8 years 10 months ago #206430

Hi,

You're the first one mentioning it.
Now I don't see why updating HikaShop would change anything when you use the search plugin provided by ooflajn and the universal AJAX search since they tap directly in the database, without going through HikaShop (as far as I know).
It would require further investigation.

8 years 10 months ago #206488

In the case you are so kind to take a look at the case I send you privately the online test site access.

Kind regards..

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 10 months ago #207972

I have a similar trouble, but I'm using Joomla search module.
In my case, the created url is:
my_right_url_driving_me_to_my_product/component/search/

Any help?
Thanks

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by pymgym.

8 years 10 months ago #207984

In my case after deleting the canoncial URLs it was fixed.

I played with several setting with URL rename, Canonical this and canonical taht with no success.

So renouncing to Canonical URL in each product solved the problem. But be aware that I was using another component than yours so I don't know to which extend source of the problem can be the same

Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by PeterChain.

8 years 10 months ago #207994

My problem is I have a lot of products and I have no time to delete canonical url in each one.
In a search with several results I have noticed some results are correct and others are not

8 years 10 months ago #207995

I think you are wrong about your problem.

Your real problem is that you don't know the mass actions feature which will kill all those damn canonical URLs in one shot.

just find it in the last option of the System menu.

But first you better check your problem is the canonicals but deleting one of them and doing a search.

8 years 10 months ago #207997

Yes, I checked it deleting one of them and doing a search whith success for this one.
I am just amateur who does this for need and I'm learning day by day.
Please, Could you help me with this mass actions? I don't wanna screw up accidentally

8 years 10 months ago #208012

Hi,

You can create a mass action like that:
take.ms/wHjUJ
And then click on process and that will clear the canonical URLs.

8 years 10 months ago #208047

Does better method exist to arrange this instead of erasing all canonical URLs?
I have a few products with links from different pages in my shop.

And thanks for help with mass action

8 years 10 months ago #208048

In my case I discovered the problem was not canoncial URL but wrong written canonical URL.

including an "/index.php/" when you have overriden index.php in the .htaccess (for example with Admin Tools) or whatever small wrong thing that most .htaccess would fix it is not tolerated by the search plugin.

Not able to say who is the "not so tolerant", either Joomla Search plugin, Universal AJAX Search plugin (in my case) or what.

What happened to me is that I entered many canonicals when the site was being built in my local computer and it did work until it was online and I activated URL renaming which won't work in local with MAMP.

But this is an explanation of my particular case, not a solution to yours unless it drives you to the right road...

The following user(s) said Thank You: pymgym

8 years 10 months ago #208057

This is my problem too.
I discovered some URLs with ID number in it, or some others with "related_products".
I applied filters to delete these wrong canonical URLs and it seems to work fine. But I'm still looking for more mistakes.
Thanks for your help.

8 years 10 months ago #208079

Hi,

The thing is that once you set the canonical URL in your products, the system is supposed to use it all the time if the "force canonical URLs on listing" setting is activated in the HikaShop configuration.
If you change your menu structure, or the SEF settings, the canonical URLs in the products might not be consistent anymore with the reality of your menu structure or your SEF settings at which point you'll get errors when click on the links to the product pages.
So the best is to fill in the canonical URLs only when you're sure that it will be the definitive URL of the product.

8 years 10 months ago #208095

Hi,
Thank you for the explanation. We have a saying in my country: The one that it does not know is like the one that it does not see.
Well, let's see if I can fix it definitively (with your help, of course :) )

• I deleted all canonical URLs in products and categories
  • The menu structure is definitive and therefore, URLs of the product too
  • I set the "force canonical URLs on listing" in "use canonical URL and generate it if missing"
With this setting, will the URLs be created correctly and automatically?
If not, could you tell me what I have to do?

Thanks you for you invaluable help

8 years 10 months ago #208104

Hi,

Yes. The first time a link to a product page will be needed for a listing of products, the system will look at the canonical URL of the product, find that there is none, generate it, save it and use it. Next time, it will be able to use it directly. That's it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: pymgym

8 years 1 week ago #240583

Recently I discovered some products with wrong canonical urls, and I deleted all of them with a mass action.
I set the "force canonical URLs on listing" in "No, generate URL " but several products continue with wrong canonical urls and I do not know how to delete them.
please, help me

thanks in advance

8 years 1 week ago #240584

Hi pymgym,

in my case I finally had to delete all canonical URLs manually, if I am not wrong as it is long long ago, I made a mass action to clean all them.

Anyhow I don't mean my solution was the right one, it was just mine and after that everything started to work again.

Anyhow the people at Universal AJAX Search are really cool and kind to help you (as the team in HikaShop/Hikamarket) so maybe you could ask them to implement a fix for this. I already did but I think was not in their schedule at that time, probably they need more insistence.

Regards,

8 years 6 days ago #240607

Hi,

@pymgym
When you set the "force canonical URLs on listing" setting to "No, generate URL ", it basically means that you tell HikaShop to not use the canonical URLs in the listings. Instead it will leave the canonical URLs as is, and will generate the listing URLs independently.
But that option doesn't fix canonical URLs.
If you want to fix canonical URLs, you have three solutions:
- you correct them one by one by hand
- you use a mass action to empty them all and leave the canonical URL fields empty
- you use a mass action to empty them all, and set the "force canonical URLs on listing" setting to generate the canonical URLs if missing and the system will fill them automatically when needed.

8 years 6 days ago #240671

Hi Nicholas,
I used a mass action to empty all canonical URLs and set the "force canonical URLs on listing" to "No, generate URL " to avoid generating any canonical URLs.
The problem is: mass action does not delete canonical URLs in some products. Before that I fixed database and there was any problem.
This is configuration of mass action:

I'd like to empty all canonical URLs and then to set the "force canonical URLs on listing" in "use canonical URL and generate it if missing" but I'd want to avoid correct them one by one by hand :( :(

Attachments:

8 years 6 days ago #240673

I'm really stupid :oops: :oops:
I just realized my blunder: I did not change value in "limitations" and mass action just deleted first 500.
Thanks and sorry

Time to create page: 0.069 seconds