Price date range validity

• Thank you received: 1
7 years 3 months ago #259800

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.0.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.6.5

Hello,

is there any way how to set validity dates for the price? What I would like to achieve is to have "Early bids" price, for example $100 until end of January, $120 until end of February, later $150.

All for one product with on stock level.

thanks for reply

Pavel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13070
7 years 3 months ago #259815

Hi,

You can't directly set a vailidity date for prices.
However, you can either:
- set a reminder for yourself to change the price on the due date. For one product, it shouldn't be a problem.
- configure a mass action via the the System>Mass action to change the price. However, configuring that will be more troublesome than just directly changing the price when needed if it's only for one product.

7 years 3 months ago #259837

Hi,

the point was to have this option generally, not only for one product. We would like t sell e-tickets, using HikaShop + HikaSerial. It is common that for the ticket are at least two prices, Early bid, and common price. So wee ned option to enter the Early bid price, with date validity, plus sometime some kind of "Super early bid", or "Last chance" price.

I guess it could be achieved using some Custom fields and Mass action, but it will be bit user unfriendly, as prices and Early bid prices will be on two different places.

Second option would propably be to use some variants, one for Early bid, with Available to date, but again, this is not really user friendly.

Pavel

7 years 3 months ago #259842

Hi,

Then, instead of a validity date range for prices, you can instead create a discount for the products. For example -30% for the product X until the date Y. That discount will apply to the prices of that product until that date Y and after that the price will be without the discount automatically.
You can create discounts via the menu Orders>Discounts.

7 years 3 months ago #259885

Hi,

I know about this option, however it will not be very user friendly. As the "discount" is per product based, and every product will have its own Early bid date. So for every product we will have to create special discount, and assign it to the porduct. After while there will be lot of discounts. Not even some kind of Mass action could be used for this, as the discount itself is also per product based.

However it is one of option. Price validity would be best for us, but if it is not available, we have to survive with one of these options.

Thanks

Pavel

7 years 3 months ago #259890

Hi,

I just tried to open discounts and create new in Hikashop 3.0.0 and got this error

500 - Layout form_restrictions not found.

Tested on 2.6.4, and works fine there.

Pavel

7 years 3 months ago #259904

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. It's a bug introduced in the 3.0.0 Starter edition. I've added a patch for that. Download again the 3.0.0 and install it on your website and it will fix the issue.

The discount solution is the simplest one I can think of. Otherwise, if you want something even simpler, like a validity range on the prices directly, it's possible but with the development of a custom plugin to support that feature.

7 years 3 months ago #259943

Hi,

after reinstallation it seem to work correctly. Thanks.

Custom development shold not be problem. Could you point me to which plugin Events should be used to achieve this, or maybe to some plugin which is solving some kind of price manipulation, so I could get basic inspiration?

Pavel

7 years 3 months ago #259946

Hi,

I think the simplest is to do this:
1. create your own table of prices with: id of the product, price value, date range
2. configure your HikaShop cron task: www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/5...ashop-cron-task.html
3. create a hikashop plugin with the triggers:
- onProductBlocksDisplay : to add an extra interface on your backend product page in order to display the prices from your table
- onAfterProductUpdate and onAfterProductCreate: to save the data of that extra interface in your table when the merchant click on the save button of the product
- onHikashopCronTrigger : so that your plugin is regularily triggered by HikaShop and that you update the prices in the hikashop_prices table based on the ranges of all the prices of the products in your table.

7 years 3 months ago #260061

Hi,

thank you for advice, I will follow it.

Pavel

Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by n3t.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds