Breadcrumbs path is not displaying correctly

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 4 months ago #284275

Hi,

"Simplified breadcrumbs" is selected and "Sub elements filter" set to "Direct sub elements" but the path on product page is not displaying in full.

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 4 months ago #284278

Hi,

You need to turn off the "simplified breadcrumbs" setting if you want the whole path on the product page.
The sub element filters setting doesn't have any influence on the breadcrumbs.
Also, make sure that you deactivate the caching on the breadcrumbs module of Joomla.
And finally, if you have canonical URLs for your products, they need to have the category_pathway parameter in them if you want the full breadcrumbs. So make sure that it is the case (or empty the canonical URL field).

6 years 4 months ago #284397

Hi,

the issue is related to canonical URL's. Once I've removed them the breadcrumbs work correctly, but the sef link contains "category_pathway-XX" and is looking like this: crystals-minerals/product/ocean-jasper-free-forms/category_pathway-79. I mention that we use sh404SEF.

thanks!

6 years 4 months ago #284412

Hi,

Yes, as I said, that parameter is necessary for HikaShop to be able to generate the full path of categories in the breadcrumbs.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #286170

Hi,

for example there are 2 hikashop categories in product category

1. products_list_a
2. products_list_b

we using joomla menu feature to make permalink for our content

step 1. creating menu for products_list_a
step 2. creating menu item (type hikashop category) and choose products_list_a as parent category for access all content from products_list_a

Also for products_list_b.

Now we got to permalinks

www mysite/products_list_a
www mysite/products_list_b

what are this links ?

www mysite/products_list_a/category/products_list_b
www mysite/products_list_b/category/products_list_a

also i may use www mysite/products_list_a/product/myproduct-1 for any category to see products from category products_list_b

thats is strange

because of this breadcrumps doesnt work correctly like you are here products_list_a/products_list_b
or products_list_a/product-2-from-category_b

also searching bots - googlebot and so on saved not corect link in thiers databases

after that people can find it in google search

seems like not good for search and seo

i mean if i know hikashop category alias i can access from any link to this category by adding /category/category_alias
and for any product with /product/product_alias and also for joomla links

what is www mysite/products_list_a/category/products_list_a ?
what does it mean ?

Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Bender.

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikashop Business
6 years 3 months ago #286171

what is www mysite/products_list_a/category/products_list_a ?
what does it mean ?

6 years 3 months ago #286182

Hi,

Your questions have nothing to do with this thread. Please open a new thread for unrelated questions.

In the link www mysite/products_list_a/category/products_list_b, products_list_a is the alias of the menu item, "category" is the "Category SEF name" of the HikaShop configuration (so that HikaShop can differentiate between a product page and a listing of products of a category) and "products_list_a" is the alias of the category to use as parent instead of the category selected in the "main category" setting of the menu item (it is used to display sub categories (and their sub categories, etc) of the main category).

As you said, in this link, products_list_b can be replaced by the alias of any category.
In each category, you should fill the "canonical URL" field with the main URL you want google to use to index the category.
When that setting is filled, regardless of the URL google uses to access the category, it will only index that canonical URL and won't penalize you for having other URLs to access the same page.
And it's the same for the "canonical URL" field of the products.
HikaShop also has the "force canonical URLs on listings" setting which can potentially automatically generate the "canonical URLs", however the URL selected (among all the possible ones) might not be the one you want.

6 years 3 weeks ago #290640

Hi,

if I override the link via sh404SEF, this means that the breadcrumbs will no longer work correctly? Links are bad for SEO as they are now.

thanks!

Last edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by info@vesica.org.

6 years 3 weeks ago #290642

Hi,

If you want the full category path in the breadcrumbs, then the category_pathway parameter is necessary in the URLs.
But you can use SH404SEF's alias system to use whatever URLs you want.
In that case, you can still keep the full category path in the breadcrumb (as it will be in the non SEF URL) while not having the parameter in the SEFed URL (which you'll set manually in the alias system of SH404SEF).

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds