• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #285347

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.artops.de
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.2
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.30
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Edge

Hello,
Yesterday I updated from a quite old version of HS (2.6.3) to the latest version (3.2.2).
After the update my product detail page contains only 1 column, see screenshot (180104_screenshot_Problem_1column_Jv3.8.3_HSv3.2.2.jpg). Before the update it was looking like screenshot 180104_screenshot_correct_2column_Jv3.6.2_HSv2.6.3.jpg.
Is this a problem during update?
Can I restore this layout by configuration?
If no configuration issue: how can I easily achieve this layout?
Is there any intended way to prevent existing layouts (CSS) from being overwritten during update?

thank you,
Best regards,
Bernhard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285355

Hi,

It's precisely because you didn't loose your existing layouts (view files) that you got that issue.
You've modified the product page layout and thus HikaShop is still using that layout after the update, however, you didn't edit the CSS in the "frontend CSS file" setting of the HikaShop configuration and thus HikaShop updated it to the latest version.
However, The CSS that was present before in that CSS file to control the positioning of the elements on your version of the layout of the product page is not there anymore and has been changed to new CSS for the new HTML of the product layout page.
The best would be to remove your override of the "show_default" view file and then add back your changes to the new version of the view file via the menu Display>Views.

As a quick fix, you can also add such CSS on your website:
.hikashop_product_left_part, .hikashop_product_right_part{
float: left;
width: 50%;
}
But I would recommend the first solution so that your page layout is responsive (mobile devices).

• Thank you received: 1
6 years 3 months ago #285412

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. Let me summarize if I understood correctly:
- view layout files are not overwritten during update, so I can ensure my layout there but I will not receive the latest updated layouts of new HikaShop Forms/layouts.
- CSS files are overwritten on each update, so I will loose my CSS settings during an update.

In the previous design I had a mix between settings in the views (layout) and CSS (frontend css file).

you recommended to apply my individual settings in the layout/view files on the new view files (which were provided during the update with the new version of hikashop). did I understand you correctly?

regards,
Bernhard

• Thank you received: 13062
6 years 3 months ago #285420

Hi,

1. They are updated, but not the overrides that you can create when you save changed in the menu Display>Views.
2. Similarily, CSS files are also updated, but not the overrides that you can create when you save changed in the CSS settings of the HikaShop configuration.
3. Yes, I recommend to add back your changes to the new view files.

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds