6 years 2 months ago #287645

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.ginmacher.de
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.7.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Product Category Page

Hello Community,

I'll try to explain the issue shortly :) but it's not that easy.

I created in Hika Shop 4 categories and in each categorie I put some products. Now I created new Navigation points for my main menu and set the link target to: Hika Shop => Product Listings. In the setting afterwards I linked each of the 4 new links to the four product categories

Example: When you click on Ginmacher.de in the main menu on "Gin-Konfigurator" and on the next page at the bottom on the button "Gin-Konfigrator starten" the next page for example is one of those Hika Shop product categories. And if you click here on "weiter" the next procut categorie page will follow with more products.

I did the settings for the page that only the products are shown. So the user should not click a product to get specific information, the main purpose of these sites is that the customer can select and put products into the shopping basket. Not more.

I entered the descriptions/texts for each of those pages within the prodcut category pages by going to Hika Component => Categories and then edit each of those product categories. So far so good. The only issue I have (and also received from future test customers) is:

All the desription/text, links etc. is always on top of the page, then the products with pictures for each categorie follow, but at the bottom of the page after the product listing there is nothing. And that's my issue. I want to also have at the buttom of each product categorie page a bit of text and the two buttoms from above that if the customer scrolls all the way down and finished his selection, he does not need to scroll all the way up again to click the button to continue to the next page.

I tried many things but did not find a solution how to do that until now. I would be very happy if I get support here.

Thanks
Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 2 months ago #287646

Hi,

You'll have to edit the file "listing.php" of the view "category" via the menu Display>Views and add custom code near the end to add the display of a custom category field.
Something like that:
<?php echo $this->element->XXX; ?>
where XXX is the column name of the custom field.
And you can configure that custom field via the menu Display>Custom fields and then add the text in each category in that new field.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds