URL (component/hikashop)

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #289744

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.3.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.5
-- PHP version -- : 7.0.7

Hi,

I am currently busy with Sitemaps, AMP sitemap etc. We normally use the Joomla main menu url (SEO) but due to some reason I have to enable Hikashop as a Data source, I was surprise when I saw the sitemap, it displays 2 urls: from Hikashop and Main menu.
Example Hikashop: www.site.nl/index.php/component/hikashop and the main menu Example Main menu: www.site.nl/index.php/menu

This means we have a double url at our sitemap, what we prefer are the links from our Main menu and not from Hikashop because this is what we used for years already at the "Canonical URL" (Hikashop). How can I Disable the url of Hikashop?

Last edit: 1 month 2 weeks ago by Wella.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #289747

Hi,

Supposing that you're using the sitemap plugin we propose on our website, the goal of this plugin is to add entries to the sitemap for each category and each product that can be reached from each menu item of your website.
To avoid HikaShop adding several times the same product in the sitemap, there is a setting in the plugin we propose for that.
And the plugin automatically uses the canonical URL if set in the product instead of the calculated URL.

If you use anothe sitemap plugin or an extension which doesn't need HikaShop's sitemap plugin to generate the sitemap URLs, then you should ask the support of that extension and not us as we don't know how it is done nor how you could change it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds