Set up fee paid once...never for follow-up purchases

• Thank you received: 10
6 years 1 month ago #289762

I have a product

$7.50
$5.00 one time set-up fee

When the customer puirchases it for the first time, the set up fee is in the cart amount.

However, when they need to re-order the item, they don't need to pay the set-up fee again. How can this happen in the cart?

For example
Today, NEW customer purchases the $7.50 and the cart price shows $12.50 (includes set-up)

In a week, the customer returns to the web store to purchase the $7.50 again...but doesn't need to pay the set up fee.

How do I set this up in the cart so a returning customer doesn't pay the extra fee?

Pam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
6 years 1 month ago #289775

Hi,

What you can do is this:
- have two prices for your product. One with the setup fee limited to the guest and registered user groups, one without the setup fee and limited to another user group.
- create a mass action in the menu System>Mass actions with a trigger on order status change, a filter on the order status being confirmed, a second filter on the product being in the order, and an action to move the user to that other user group

That way, upon purchasing the product, the user will change user group and instead of the price with the setup fee, he will now see the price without the setup fee.

Note that this will require HikaShop Business.

Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by nicolas.

• Thank you received: 10
6 years 1 month ago #289814

Hey thanks!!

I'll try that.

Time to create page: 0.054 seconds