Price Access Levels

• Thank you received: 0
6 years 1 day ago #291795

-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.7

Hi,
I know the topic has been heavily discussed, but after checking on the forum I still quite uncomfortable about it.
I read some situations about Mass Actions "Risks" and as I'm really not a expert on the matter I don't want to put myself in trouble.
So, I need to perform a Mass Action in order to "Unpublish" all my products prices in order to have them visible to ALL visitors
EXCEPT PUBLIC & GUEST (see price structure enclosed). I already try this settings on several products and it works perfectly fine.
Will have to turn around to display the right infos through the language options after that, but that's another topic and far simplest.

Mass actions as i see reviewing the options is kind of "Chinese" for newer...I'll really appreciate if someone can give me a clear
sept by step options to in order to remove price visibility for Public and Guest.

I have actually 500+ products (all of them with only 1 specimen in stock)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 21 hours ago #291811

Hi,

Select a product you modified successfully in the products listing and click on the "export" button there.
Then, open the CSV file you'll get with excel and check the "price_access" column. You'll get the exact value you need to put in the mass action.
The mass action is quite simple. You just need an action "update the values" on the price_access column with the type "string" and the value from the CSV. When you click on process, it will do the change.

If you're worried, you can do a backup of the website with something like akeeba backup so that you can restore if something goes wrong.

• Thank you received: 0
5 years 11 months ago #292100

Thanks Nicolas for the answer.

As I'm actually traveling in China and not able to download a full backup of my site in order to run a test locally, I will leave this changes for later and turn the store access to registered only for the moment (which I want to avoid changed the price access level ).
I really don't like the idea to make tries with such potential consequences on the live site...(not so confident yet to do so)

Time to create page: 0.061 seconds