og:description tag issue

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #293951

Hello,
in my products description I have some code being generated through "snippets" plugin by regular labs with a sintax like
{snippet blah blah}

it's just simple html

<p><strong><i class="fa fa-fw fa-smile-o"></i> Garanzia 100%:</strong> <a href="la-nostra-garanzia" target="_blank">soddisfatti o rimborsati entro 30 giorni</a>.</p>

the problem is that in the meta description generated by Hikashop the html code is not being stripped for the contents of this snippet, thus it ends up showing above my site navigation bar.

Is this easily solvable in your opinion?
Anyway I woudl suggest an option to cut the og:description generated after a certain amount of characters, that would be useful for both solving issues like this (one could put troublesome code after a certain number of characters) and also to avoid having suoper long meta og:descriptions.

Thank you

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 1778
5 years 10 months ago #293952

Hello,

Using some CSS code to hide will probably do the job :
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...the-display.html#css

The solution can eventually be to directly contact the "Regular labs" support about it.

Best regards,
Mohamed Thelji.

• Thank you received: 8
5 years 10 months ago #293985

OK, I found a setting in this plusing to disable it for the site "header"
thank you

• Thank you received: 13071
5 years 10 months ago #293998

Hi,

In the code of the HikaShop social networks plugin, there is already some specific code to remove useless tags for the meta data like these. However, this one in particular is not taken into account. I've added it to the list so starting from next version, you won't have that issue with that plugin even without changing that setting in the snippets plugin.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds