module id missing from css selectors

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 9 months ago #295008

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.drumscore.com/sheet-music/browse-by-...drum-sheet-music-tab
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.2.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.8.3
-- PHP version -- : 5.6.36
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : all
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : none

I could use some pointers on how to debug missing module ids in css selectors. My site is heavily customized (thus the old version), but the problem seems to be in the settings in the database somewhere.

I have a product listing page where the module ids have disappeared and thus hosed up my styling for the modules on the page. Here is an example page.

www.drumscore.com/sheet-music/browse-by-...drum-sheet-music-tab

I have hidden the filters on this page, but the styling stopped working b/c of the missing module id suffix at the end of the class selector: hikashop_filter_main_div_hikashop_category_information_module_.

<div class="hikashop_filter_main_div hikashop_filter_main_div_hikashop_category_information_module_">
						<fieldset class="hikashop_filter_fieldset">
				<legend>Filters</legend>

The module id is also missing in the styles at the top of the page.
#hikashop_category_information_module_ div.hikashop_subcontainer,

Any thoughts on what module, menu or other settings in the database could cause this? I have spent many hours comparing settings in a working version (with older database) to the production one, but can't find the issue. Thanks in advance for any guidance on where to look.

Cheers,
Aaron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295039

Hi,

It's not that the module id is missing.
It's that there is no module.

Before, HikaShop allowed you to add sub modules to menu items. That's not the case anymore and now all the options of the products listing are directly in your menu item even for categories listing menu items. Still, the system works similarily and thus it creates a "virtual" module for the products listing and that's why you get that hikashop_filter_main_div_hikashop_category_information_module_ class for the products listing virtual module under a categories listing menu item.
But that's not really a problem. Since now you can only have one sub module for a categories listing menu item, if you use such selector #hikashop_category_information_menu_139 #hikashop_category_information_module_ div.hikashop_subcontainer you'll be sure to select the products listing of that menu item and no other one from another menu item.

• Thank you received: 6
5 years 9 months ago #295099

Nicolas,

Thank you for your response. I think I understand what you are saying. What I don't understand is how it works on my test site. Here is some html from that site. I can certainly rework the styles to get things working, but I am hoping you can help me understand why the virtual module id appears on the test site. Did adding something (like another module) to the menu item change things?

Thanks,
Aaron

#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 .hikashop_rtop *,#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 .hikashop_rbottom * { background:#FFFFFF; }
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 div.hikashop_subcontainer span,
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 div.hikashop_container { text-align:center; }
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 div.hikashop_container { margin:10px 10px; }
#hikashop_category_information_menu_139 .hikashop_subcontainer { -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; -khtml-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px; }

#hikashop_category_information_module_94 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 .hikashop_rtop *,#hikashop_category_information_module_94 .hikashop_rbottom * { background:#FFFFFF; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 div.hikashop_subcontainer span,
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 div.hikashop_container { text-align:left; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 div.hikashop_container { margin:4px 4px; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_94 .hikashop_subcontainer { -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; -khtml-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px; }

#hikashop_category_information_module_88 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 .hikashop_rtop *,#hikashop_category_information_module_88 .hikashop_rbottom * { background:#FFFFFF; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 div.hikashop_subcontainer,
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 div.hikashop_subcontainer span,
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 div.hikashop_container { text-align:center; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 div.hikashop_container { margin:10px 10px; }
#hikashop_category_information_module_88 .hikashop_subcontainer { -moz-border-radius: 5px; -webkit-border-radius: 5px; -khtml-border-radius: 5px; border-radius: 5px; }

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295107

Hi,

The virtual module will appear automatically in the HTML when you are on a menu item with the type HikaShop categories listing and that products are being displayed in the main area by the menu item. The menu item will actually display the products through that virtual module.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds