Can the Add to Cart button be replaced with a link to an external site?

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295246

I have a few apparel products I'd like to include in my store that are sold/produced/shipped by third parties (Amazon, RedBubble, etc.). I want them to be listed just like the other products I stock, but have the Add to Cart button replaced with a "Buy on Amazon" or similar button so customers can order them easily.

Is this possible?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 26
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295275

Hi sixdeuces,

You can try this, but works only for amazon: AMAMPLACE

Another option, and with this you can cover all the others websites is to buy Hikashop Essential or Business, where you can create custom fields for your products.
Just go to: Hikashop > Display > Custom fields and create a product custom field of type link, Label: Amazon, column name: amazon_url.
In Display section set to yes: Front-end and Back-end Form and save it.
You cand do the same for the rest of website's you use, RedBubble, ebay..

After that, when you will add or edit a product, you will have the custom filds on the product page.

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 9 months ago #295269

Hi,

Yes. There are two main things to do for that:
1. You want to remove the add to cart buttons for these products. (for example, a sale end date in the past, a sale start date in the far future, not stock, etc). You can customize the message that will be displayed instead of the add to cart button with a translation override:
www.hikashop.com/download/languages.html#modify
That way, you could potentially have instead such text "Please click on the button below to buy this product on Amazon" or no text at all.
2. You want to create a custom field of the table "product" with the "frontend" display setting activated and of the type "text" with the "input filtering" turned off so that in your products, you can enter the HTML that you want in there for the add to cart button coming from Amazon.
Alternatively, you can use a similar custom field of the type "link" so that you can provide only the URL and the text on the button in the custom field. This way, it might be easier to manage, but you'll want to add some custom CSS code to be able to have the link looks like a button:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...ize-the-display.html
stackoverflow.com/questions/8357058/how-...k-look-like-a-button

The following user(s) said Thank You: sixdeuces

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 9 months ago #295495

That worked well, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.071 seconds