hikashopproductinsert_view.php coding question

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 4 months ago #301898

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.1stopmotoronderdelen.nl/15-bikes/19-...v-transalp-rd10-rd11
-- HikaShop version -- : 3.4.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.9.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.2.13
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Firefox
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : No Error. coding question

LS,
( I know I should update, but that's not yet planned due to issues with my test environment)

currently I'm looking into creating articles to display products and found the TAG usage. However the view I would like to have in the joomla articles is basically plain text.
Now in the manual it is stated to change the hikashopproductinsert_view.php (placed in my template directory to avoid update issues).

I'm definately not a php/css/html coding guy, so forgive me for that, and hence my help question here.

There is a few things I want to achieve:

1) I want the TAG to display the product in a single line, with the # selection included, but in a real simple box (or no box at all) and on the same line as the rest of the information (name/description).
2) I want to be able to change the number of products for an article to a different value. So my article will show a line with the, for that article, required number of a that specific product.
3)add brand (and possibly other product as well) to the TAGs so product brand is included as well
4) add some text to the same line

If you check the url, you will see (if not changed already :D ) the difference between the table, which is about what I want to achieve, and what the TAGs display makes of the different lines.
The links to the products in the table are created with another plugin that uses the MODAL tags.

The final solution can go two ways:
1) with the hikashop TAGS
2) if I can't achieve what I want trhrough the Hikashop TAGs, solve it witht the Modal TAGS if it is possible to have the number of required products included in the link (See update below)

NOTE: I will probably be fidling with the hikashopproductinsert_view.php file myself, so the display might change every now and than, but I will try to keep the idea in place (if not yet figured out the solution myself, which I will update here of course)
NOTE2: further styling might be necessary, but that is something I figure out after knowing what route to take.

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by storeitonline.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 3
5 years 4 months ago #301903

I just found out the ´add to cart html link´.... and updated my table with that.
The only issue there is that it is changing the amount rather then adding it to the cart !!!
Might be opening another issue ticket for that.
Mean time it looks as if that will be the way to go, rather then using the Hikashop TAGS, but just curious if it would also be possible using those TAGS

• Thank you received: 13069
5 years 4 months ago #301921

Hi,

Yes, you could also modify hikashopproductinsert_view.php to do what you want. Or you could use your product tags to have only the quantity input and the add to cart button and handle the rest in the article, like you do with the HTML add to cart buttons.
Regarding the adding to the cart updating the cart instead of adding to it, you can control that with a &add=1 or &add=0 parameter to the add to cart URL.

Time to create page: 0.050 seconds