4 months 4 weeks ago #357140

-- url of the page with the problem -- : AspirationImages.com
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.2
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 7.4.33
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Safari 17.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : None

Hi,
I sell photographs and paintings. The Product Categories are things like Landscape, Portrait, Places etc. The "Brand" categories I changed to "Artists" and it had subcategories of the Artists name so that I could add products under the artists name as well as the description under product categories. If you went Hikashop / Categories and selected Root you could see the Product tree and the Brand tree. Suddenly the Brand or Artists tree is gone, but if I go Artists from the top menu they are all there. The problem is that I can't now create new ones.

I did a bit of a search and found the statement "First, we've improved the explorer itself so that the brands are not displayed on the products/categories listings and that the categories are not displayed on the brands listing, as it was useless and confusing." Well not useless for me.

Can I get this back?
Bob

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
4 months 4 weeks ago #357145

Hi,

What do you mean by "The problem is that I can't now create new ones" ?
If you go in the menu Products>Brands, you still have a "new" button to create new brands.
And same, you can create new categories in the Products>Categories menu.
So where is the problem ?

• Thank you received: 3
4 months 4 weeks ago #357183

Ok. That works. Thanks. I had only ever done it through the tree.
Still not sure how that is an improvement, as it was easier to click on the tree, but happy to do it that way.
Thanks.

• Thank you received: 13081
4 months 4 weeks ago #357186

Hi,

It's because it was confusing before. Brands should be with brands and categories with categories.
Some people were getting confused as to why brands would be displaying with categories before.

• Thank you received: 3
4 months 3 weeks ago #357236

Thanks,
In this case though the brands (being artists) are categories and the brand categories have products. There are in fact two root categories, "products" and "artists" that each have sub categories and products. It now involves going to into products to edit categories, before I went into categories to edit categories.

If I was selling cars then I may have a category "Compacts" under "Products" and a category "Toyota" under brands that both have the same product Corolla under them, so I don't think that this is unusual.

Anyway, happy to have a workable solution.
Thanks

The following user(s) said Thank You: nicolas

Time to create page: 0.067 seconds