Disallow sales in a specific country?

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
4 months 3 weeks ago #357468

Hi there,

If I sell digital products, is there any way to disallow sales in a specific country?

I'm in Canada, and ideally, I don't want my digital products to be available here, because there might be conflict of interest with my day job. Can I set them so that they can't be bought from Canada?

Thanks!

Tamara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13081
4 months 2 weeks ago #357475

Hi,

It's possible with shipping methods.
First, you need to make sure that there is a shipping method which applies when you have only digital products in the cart. You could make it 0 when only digital products are in the cart.
Then, make sure you have different shipping methods for Canada and the other countries using the "zone" setting of your shipping methods.
Then, activate the "shipping price per product" setting of the shipping methods for Canada.
Then, in each digital product edit page, under the "shipping prices" area, use the "block" checkbox to disable the shipping methods for Canada when these products are in the cart:
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

• Thank you received: 4
  • Hikaauction Standard Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
4 months 2 weeks ago #357528

Thanks. This works. But it tells me that I need to enter a weight per product in order to show shipping options?

They're all digital. How do I do that, and how do I make sure it doesn't show up on the frontend? Or is there a workaround that allows me to ship without a weight?

• Thank you received: 13081
4 months 2 weeks ago #357532

Hi,

In the HikaShop configuration page, under the Checkout tab, you have the setting "force shipping regardless of weight".

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds