Product blocking

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358254

Hi,
Is it possible to configure the product in such a way that when product A is in the cart, it is not possible to add product B to the cart? That is, mutual exclusion.
For example, I have digital products and physical products in my store. The products are to be sold on different terms. Therefore, it would be advisable to mutually exclude products in one basket.
Is it possible?
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
3 months 2 weeks ago #358258

Hi,

You could do exactly that with HikaMarket Multivendor. You could have two vendors configured in it, one for the digital goods and one for the others. Then, there is a setting in HikaMarket to only allow products of one vendor per cart.

With only HikaShop, it's not possible to do the blocking during the add to cart process.
However, it's possible to prevent the purchase of both types of products through the capabitilies of the checkout, even though it's a bit more clunky than with HikaMarket:
- make sure the "force shipping regardless of weight" setting is turned off
- set a weight to the physical products but no dimensions
- set dimensions but no weight to the digital products
- in your shipping methods for the physical products, set a maximum volume so that once a digital product is added to the cart, the volume of the cart will be above the maximum volume set in the shipping methods
That way, no shipping method will be found when products of both type are in the cart, and the checkout won't let the customer finish, displaying him an error message which you can customize with a translation override.

• Thank you received: 15
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 2 weeks ago #358270

Nicolas,
Thanks - I'll check the second solution. Looks interesting.
Tom

The following user(s) said Thank You: Philip

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
3 months 9 hours ago #358774

I have a similar need however, both products are physical. Basically, we offer two types of jackets lets say Jacket A and Jacket B. When the customer puts Jacket A in their cart they cannot put Jacket B and vice versa. These orders are combined with other items in the store however, we need to limit the customer from selecting either Jacket A or Jacket B not both. Thanks for your help.

2 months 4 weeks ago #358777

Hi,

Well, I already presented two solutions 2 weeks ago here:
www.hikashop.com/forum/product-category-...blocking.html#358258

The first solution will work regardless of whether the products are physical or not.

The second solution needs to be adapted. You need to create two shipping methods, A and B, with their "shipping price per product" setting activated. Then, in product A, you can check the "block" checkbox of shipping method B, and in product B, you can check the "block" checkbox of shipping method A.
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/3...ng-manual-price.html

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
2 months 4 weeks ago #358806

Yes, I saw the initial answer to the question. It didn't seem like the options would work if other items are in the cart. We need to be able to have other items in the cart along with either Jacket A or B. It wouldn't be an order with just Jacket A or B. I wanted to make sure it doesn't effect other items in the cart before we purchased the HikaMarket plugin. Thank you.

2 months 4 weeks ago #358810

Hi,

I don't think it's a problem using HikaMarket for that.
The option to limit the cart to products from one vendor is called "Limit vendors in cart":
www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/1...t-configuration.html
If this setting is set the "One vendor", then yes, you can't have other products together with either A or B in the cart.
However, if you set it to "One extra vendor", then you can have your other products as products without a vendor (so they will be products of the main vendor), and then products from one vendor, either products from vendor A or products from vendor B at the same time in the cart. And thus, you could link Jacket A to vendor A, Jacket B to vendor B, and the other products to no vendor, and with that setting it will work like you need to, from what you're saying.

And also with the second solution I was talking about, if you combine the "shipping price per product" blocking system, with the warehouse system, you could have one warehouse for your other products, and one warehouse for Jacket A and Jacket B.
That way, the system could block the checkout when both Jacket A and Jacket B would be in the cart since no shipping method would be available for their warehouse, while otherwise, a shipping method would be available for Jacket A or Jacket B, and another shipping method would be available for the other products of the other warehouse.

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds