Google Search Console - Pages aren’t indexed

• Thank you received: 1
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
1 month 3 weeks ago #359510

-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.30

Hi,

I have pages that aren’t indexed. Two reason 1. Duplicate without user-selected canonical 2. Not found (404)
In Global Configuration now i a have the option SEF URL OPTIONS->Force canonical URLs on listings-> "No, generate the URLs"
and as you said in your documentation "....potentially lead to "duplicate URLs for the same content" issues resulting in a downgrade of your page rank".

This happens to me.

Could you please tell me what steps to take to correct this issue and without making things worse.

Thank you

Best regards,
Dimitris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 3 weeks ago #359512

Hi,

Ideally, you want to :
1. edit each product in your backend, and fill the "canonical URL" field with the main URL you want your users to use to access the product.
2. set the "force canonical URL on listings" setting to "use canonical if specified".

An alternative is to set the "force canonical URL on listings" setting to "use canonical URL and generate if missing". With this, HikaShop will automatically fill the canonical URL of the products. The first time a product is listed on a listing of the frontend and that product doesn't have a canonical URL, it will use the currently generated URL as canonical URL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds