Quantity and variant

• Thank you received: 12
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359735

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.27

Hi,

I would need your help regarding quantity and variant.

I have products (cord bracelet) where you can buy the bracelet in the chosen color.
I have for example 2 bracelets available and you can choose between 5 colors.

If I set up 2 as main quantity, then the client could buy 2 in each color so a total of 6 bracelets which is not the result I need.
How can I set up my product so that the quantity in total is limited to 2 in total?

Thanks in advance!

Sandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 2 weeks ago #359737

Hi,

That's not what I see on my end. If I configure a product where the main product has a quantity of 2 and the variants of the product have their quantity to unlimited, then the quantity of 2 will be for the combinations of the variants. So the customer won't be able to purchase more than 2 of the product, regardless of the variants selected.
However, if you set a quantity both in the main product and in the variants, stock taken into account for each variant will be the quantity of the variant itself. The quantity of the main product will be updated upon purchase of a variant, but it won't be used as a restricting factor.
Can you please double check ?

• Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359747

Hi Nicolas,

I doubled checked. I think I understant where was my "problme": the order needs to be confirmed so that you can't order it anymore. That's correct?

Sandra

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 2 weeks ago #359750

Hi,

Well, it depends, but I suppose it must be that, yes.
In the HikaShop configuration, you have a setting "Update the product stock on confirmed status":
- If that setting is turned off, then the stock of the products will be updated when the orders are created.
- If that setting is turned on, then the stock of the products will be updated when the orders are confirmed, after the payment.
So I suppose this setting must be turned on on your website.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359762

Yes, as clients can pay by bank transfer or by "click and collect" I think it's better.

Thanks again for your precious help

Sandra

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds