Product options not responging to preorder plugin

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359756

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3

Hi,

I've searched the forum but could not find this topic.
I sell products with options.
When 1 option isn't available (stock 0) the option disappears, which isn't the best option as the description of the product says there is an option available.

Normally when a product is completely out of stock i use preorder plugin to keep sales rolling which works good.
Now when i use preorder settings on the option, it starts to appear again on the product page but it does not change the "availablitiy status" which means the product page shows the option is available. (in my language in green op voorraad)

I've tested with cache disabled

Hope you know a solution, thanks.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 2 weeks ago #359760

Hi,

So if I understand, what you're asking is actually to implement an extra capability in the preorder plugin so that when an option is on "preorder", that there is an extra text (like after the price of the option) to tell the customer that if he selects this option, the product won't be sent immediately after the purchase, but once the option is restocked.
Is that correct ?
While it's not impossible to do, it will require that:
1. we make some modifications in HikaShop to allow plugins to add extra text for the options in a future release of HikaShop.
2. the developer of the preorder plugin, Obsidev, implements some changes in the plugin to take advantage of these modifications and publish a new version of the plugin.

As an added bonus, the plugin could also interface with the javascript side of the options system to change the text of the add to cart button to "preorder the product" and change its color to yellow when an option on preorder is being selected.

I've actually made the modifications in HikaShop with a new event, onBeforeOptionDisplay, to allow for that for the next version of HikaShop. Regarding the preorder plugin, we'll have to have Obsidev pitch in.

As a short term solution, you could edit the view file product / option.php via the menu Display>Views and directly modify the code there to take into account the preorder stock to display an extra message next to the option text.
That would be a fast solution and something I could work on for you for less than 100€ if you're interested.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 2 weeks ago #359767

Yes that's it indeed.
As i guess also the plugin builder would love all its functionality, I'll await an update.

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds