Strange error on some products with characteristics

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359851

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : Attempt to modify property "values" on null

Hello.
I m facing an error Attempt to modify property "values" on null

Call stack
#	Function	Location
1	()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php:2187
2	hikashopProductClass->addCharacteristics()	JROOT/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php:1674
3	ProductViewProduct->show()	JROOT/components/com_hikashop/views/product/view.html.php:28
4	ProductViewProduct->display()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:660
5	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->display()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2577
6	hikashopController->display()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2290
7	hikashopController->show()	JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
8	Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()	JROOT/administrator/components/com_hikashop/helpers/helper.php:2555
9	hikashopController->execute()	JROOT/components/com_hikashop/hikashop.php:88
10	require_once()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
11	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()	JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
12	Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
13	Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:208
14	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->dispatch()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/SiteApplication.php:249
15	Joomla\CMS\Application\SiteApplication->doExecute()	JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
16	Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()	JROOT/includes/app.php:61
17	require_once()	JROOT/index.php:32

on some products with characteristics
On J3 they are working fine, the issue is only on J4

This message contains confidential information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 1 week ago #359855

Hi,

I think it's because the characteristics linked to the main product are (at least one) different from the characteristics linked to one or several variants of the product. This should normally not happen.
And because PHP 8.1 is stricter than previous versions, you get a fatal error instead of a warning which was hidden.
I suppose you must be using an older version of PHP on your J3 website.
Add the code:

if(!isset($element->characteristics[$characteristic->characteristic_parent_id])) {
					continue;
				}
before the line of the error (2187) in /administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/product.php and it should avoid generating the error.

The following user(s) said Thank You: verzevoul

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359892

Sorry to spam this topic Nicola.
But I wonder if there is a way I discover what is causing the rerrects to http. When I add the rule to htaccess or/ and joomla backend (entrire site https) , I get error for too many redirections.
Like a plugin or something is causing it.
Do you have an idea why ?

Thank you!

1 month 1 week ago #359893

Hi,

Normally, that's made by a rule in the htaccess.
So that's where I would first look.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359895

ok, I found it. It was hikashop no ssl plugin. It is the first time I see this plugin. I diasbled it and it is now ok.
Thanks

1 month 1 week ago #359896

Hi,

Ah yes. That's true HikaShop has this plugin to be able to remove the https outside the checkout.
That's something that was asked by some years ago.
Now, websites normally always use https, so it should normally not be used.

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds