modification of listing_img_description not working

• Thank you received: 3
  • Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359859

-- url of the page with the problem -- : shop.conformance.co.uk/hikashop-menu-for...lative-framework-nlf
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.3
-- Joomla version -- : 4..4.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firefox

Hi,

I'm sorry if you've answered this one in the past, but I can't seem to get the modifications of my listing_img_description file to be recognised.

I want move the price and cart button to the right part of the product listing. Which I am doing via Display/View/My_template/listing_img_description file. It seems to be saving fine and the file is being placed in my template's html file.

When I analyse the code of that file it seems to be correct.

But enwh I refresh page I am still seeing some of the parts (price and cart button) that I've moved to the right part are still in the left.

I have checked the html file in my template folder and it does appear to be saved correctly, but it doesn't equate to what I am seeing when I inspect the code.

I can't work out if I'm getting something fundamentally wrong or there's something wrong with my installation.

I've attached some screenshots to see if you can see if I'm missing anything.

A bit of back story: i have just completed the upgrade from J3 - J4 (at last).

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

D

DunxMax

The more we learn the less we know.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 1 week ago #359862

Hi,

If you're sure you made the override for the correct template, then it's probably that you're overriding the wrong view file.
Please turn on the "Display view files" setting of the HikaShop configuration and look at the page on your frontend.
You'll see which view file is used there.
It's probable that it is product / listing_img_desc.php instead of product / listing_img_description.php
listing_img_desc is the old "image and description" layout which uses a table for the layout, and listing_img_description is the new one which uses divs and no table in its HTML.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359871

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for getting back to me. That's very helpful and yes you were correct it's using listing_img_desc.php

Is there a way to change which view is used?

I've attached a screenshot of the results with "Display view files" switched on.

Kind Regards

Duncan

DunxMax

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 13071
1 month 1 week ago #359873

Hi,

Yes. edit your product listing menu item via the Joomla menu manager (or your HikaShop content module via the Joomla modules manager), and under the "products options" tab (or the "HikaShop options" tab), change the "layout type" setting.

• Hikashop Business
1 month 1 week ago #359877

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks very much. That sorted it.

Kind Regards

Duncan

DunxMax

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds