Redirection to product in last orders

• Thank you received: 7
  • Hikashop Business
1 week 6 days ago #360399

Hello.
I'm going to tell you something that has happened to me with several clients.
When a user accesses their account, by default their purchases are displayed with the items they have purchased and their quantities...
Although the customer has the option to repeat the order, if they click on a product they have purchased, Hikashop redirects them to the product page, but not to the specific characteristic or ID of the product shown in the purchase.

This week, two users have told me that the page "works badly" because they click on the product and the page takes them to a different one.
I have told them that if they want to repeat their order, the page has this option, but it is true that if they click on the purchased product, the page takes them to the product, not the exact ID.

I attach three files with the graphic explanation.

Is this something that could be achieved?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
1 week 6 days ago #360401

Hi,

Yes. What you want is actually the case by default.
It doesn't work on your website because you've turned on the "remove categories and products ID from URLs" setting of the HikaShop configuration page.
When that setting is turned off, the id of the product is included in the URL of the product page.
And on the order page, the URL of the product also has this id.
And if the product purchased is a variant of a product with characteristics, HikaShop will use the id of the variant instead of the id of the product in the URL.
And on the product page, if the id in the URL is the id of a variant, then this variant becomes the default one selected on the page.
But without the id, the system has no way to distinguish the variant.

• Hikashop Business
1 week 6 days ago #360404

Hi Nicolas.
Thanks for your answer.
I have disabled the "remove categories and product IDs from URLs" option because if it is activated the URLs displayed are "dirty with the id and numbers".
Is there a way to activate it without modifying the URLs that I currently have for each product?

1 week 6 days ago #360406

Hi,

There is no option for that.
Note that having the id of the product in the URL should have no impact for SEO.

• Hikashop Business
6 days 21 hours ago #360568

Hi.
Would it be possible or do you plan to implement the possibility that each of the different characteristics of a product has its own CANONICAL URL?

6 days 17 hours ago #360571

Hi,

This is not a good idea for SEO.
The HTML of the page would be the same, and thus the URLs of the variants would be flagged as duplicate content by search engines.

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds