Show a list of vendors who carry a particular product category

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
1 week 2 days ago #360565

-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.4.3
-- PHP version -- : 7.4
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Chrome

Hi, thank you so much for this great multi-vendor e-commerce component.

I have been successful in most of the setp up and configuration of my store. However, I do need help with the following:

I need to show a list of vendors who carry a particular product category. Then once the list of vendors are displayed, a customer can click the vendor and see the different products he carries under that category.

So, let's say I have a product category called 'Shoes'. I need a way to display all the vendors who carry shoes in that product category. So when I click on a vendor, I am now brought to his particular product page displaying all the shoes that he carries.

Looking forward to your response. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
1 week 2 days ago #360592

Hello,

It is not an easy question and I can't say if the question is related to HikaMarket or HikaShop.
If we look at your question from the HikaShop way, you want to have categories, like "shoes" with sub-categories in order to regroup products from same vendors.
Via HikaMarket, you can't provide such kind of access to your vendors ; they should not be able to create categories in your whole store otherwise it would be a security issue (see they would be able to create categories anywhere and edit categories of others).

The way that your describe how the customer will browse the products is not related to HikaMarket since your want to have categories+products browsing ; the HikaMarket vendor page is not part of the flow.

Thus your have different solutions.

1 - Create the sub categories for your vendors and give them access via their settings (the extra categories).
So your vendors will be able to place their products in the categories they want. The main issue is that, if the sub-categories are always the same name (the vendor), it will be difficult for the vendor to make the difference. It might need a patch in HikaMarket for that.

2 - Use a custom plugin to perform the needed action automatically (create categories, etc).

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds