Sales Tax Report Including Shipping Tax

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #169460

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.2
-- Joomla version -- : 2.5.24
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.25

In the reports part of Hikashop I can create a sales tax report but it does not including the shipping tax. Is there any way to combine the sales and shipping tax or list them separately. I tried the shipping cost report but it combines the shipping and tax, which does not help me to know just the shipping tax.

Also is there a way to filter the reports by state or zone? This would be helpful to know the total sales price just for those who paid sales taxes in a certain state for filling sales taxes purposes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
9 years 8 months ago #169558

Hi,

There is no way to get the shipping tax included in the calculations of taxes unless you modify the code of the reporting system.

You try to edit the file administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php and replace the code (several places):
prod.order_product_tax*prod.order_product_quantity
by:
prod.order_product_tax*prod.order_product_quantity+a.order_shipping_tax

For the filter by state, it would require to modify the code of the zone option of map type reports as it can only handle country grouping, not state grouping. For a developer it would be possible (modifications necessary in both the administrator/components/com_hikashop/classes/widget.php and the administrator/components/com_hikashop/views/dashboard/tmpl/map.php files ) but as a user, it won't be.

• Thank you received: 1
9 years 8 months ago #169848

Thank you very much the code you provided worked! This and the state filtering would be a nice addition for those who live in America and the way we have to report sales tax. However, I get that making changes like this is a lot of work and maybe not high on your priority list. Thank you for your help and such a great component.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Mohamed Thelji

Time to create page: 0.058 seconds