Joomla registration not passing info to HikaShop

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 6 days ago #14920

Greetings.
When a user creates an account with the Joomla login module in IE 7, the only information that gets passed to HikaShop is the email.

So, when a user then tries to buy something, there is a problem in the checkout process. On the shipping screen, it asks for the users shipping information and then also the email address. When the email is entered that was previously entered, it says that the email is already in use.

Also, when a user tries to register only within HikaShop, (not using the Joomla registration) when they are able to get past the registration screen and it shows the address correctly. But, then it goes to the address screen again and it is completely blank. If "Next" is selected, the message "Please create or select an address" shows up, and there is not way to proceed.

So, at this point, I don't think any users that are using IE can successfully purchase anything, whether they register within Joomla or Hikashop.

Incidentally, if the user registers within HikaShop, all the correct user information shows up in both the Joomla user list and Hikashop's user list.

But, once again, if someone registers within the Joomla registration, HikaShop does not recognize anything but their email.

Please help.

Everything so far works correctly in Safari and Firefox on the Mac.

www.watchandtrain.com

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
13 years 6 days ago #14921

I can't get passed the address screen on your website when creating an account with the joomla login module because the new address popup does not display because you have javascript errors on your website:
SCRIPT5022: DOM Exception: INVALID_CHARACTER_ERR (5)
mootools.js, Ligne 1 Caractère 21432

Also, please make sure that the user hikashop plugin is published as it is responsible for the users synchronization.

13 years 6 days ago #14924

Hi Nicolas.
Thanks for pointing that out.

Do you have any idea what that message means?

I wasn't able to recreate that error, but I turned on error reporting to maximum and got another error:

Notice: Undefined index: QUERY_STRING in ../libraries/joomla/environment/uri.php on line 161

I found a post about it and changed strlen with isset below and that solved that problem, but am not sure if it caused other problems.

I know this is probably out of the scope of this site. But any help to point me in the right direction would be appreciated. I tested the heck out of this site (and it was working) and went live with it. Now I have to go back to the drawing board and am very frustrated.

Thanks.

code:
/*
* Since we do not have REQUEST_URI to work with, we will assume we
are
* running on IIS and will therefore need to work some magic with
the SCRIPT_NAME and
* QUERY_STRING environment variables.
*/

if (isset($_SERVER) &&
strpos($_SERVER, $_SERVER) === false) {
$theURI .= '?'.$_SERVER;
}
}

Basically replacing strlen with isset.

13 years 5 days ago #14934

The problem is between mootools and IE9: yourhead.tenderapp.com/discussions/probl...12-ie-9-and-mootools
On your website, I can see that you have mootools 1.2.4 with the mtupgrade plugin.
So you could try to follow that : www.youjoomla.com/joomla_support/yougrid...tools-1-2-4-ie9.html

13 years 5 days ago #14958

Thanks.
I registered on that site and tried to download that file and was not successful. The site kept on hanging.

I tried from other locations and the resulting file would freeze all my menus.

I contacted the admin and will continue trying.

Thanks for the advice.

13 years 5 days ago #14967

Apparently, updating to the latest version of Joomla fixes the problem.

13 years 5 days ago #14973

Thanks so much.

Upgraded and it worked.

• Thank you received: 1
12 years 1 month ago #42425

hi,

if the user registers within HikaShop, all the correct user information shows up in both the Joomla user list and Hikashop's user list.

But, once again, if someone registers within the Joomla registration, HikaShop does not recognize anything but their email.

This is my problem too. But I have Joomla 2.5.2 up and working fine. Rest of Hikashop is working on my development site. The Hikashop user plug is published.
Wait, when a user registrates via Hikashop, the address and so information is NOT passed. So only email and username is given.
scriptie-hulp.schrijfklasje.nl/Scriptie-...innen.html#workshops

regards, Damiaan

12 years 1 month ago #42433

There is no integration between the address in joomla and the address in HikaShop.

You should use the HikaShop registration screen instead of the Joomla registration screen so that it's always the HikaShop registration form that the users use to register on your website.

12 years 1 month ago #42512

Hi, ok, clear,
but I want existing customers to login without having to fill all their details again for a second buy. For that, I published a Joomla login module (there is no Hikashop module for that) to speed up the checkout. But on this module there is the link: register which takes you to Joomla registration that has no complete integration with Hikashop (the address not being passed).

Now, I found in your forum that I have to do this:

You need to edit the file modules/mod_login/tmpl/default.php and change the registration link in order to direct to HikaShop registration page.
HikaShop's registration page link is: www.yourwebsite.com/index.php?option=com...l=user&task=form

• I find that complicated, it would be more user friendly if Hikashop provided a plugin to do that fairly core task
  • Do I have to do this once or every time Hikashop is updated?
Damiaan

Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by Schrijfklasje.

12 years 1 month ago #42515

You don't need to do that.
Just use that plugin:
www.hikashop.com/en/forum/2-general-talk...-register.html#37624

• Thank you received: 6
12 years 1 month ago #42544

nicolas wrote: There is no integration between the address in joomla and the address in HikaShop.

You should use the HikaShop registration screen instead of the Joomla registration screen so that it's always the HikaShop registration form that the users use to register on your website.

but what if i use the jomsocial registration page on my site? i dont want to use the hikashop by default on my site, but instead have the form auto-complete with the data from their jomsocial profile

12 years 1 month ago #42687

Then you should develop an integration plugin between hikashop and jomsocial so that the address information is synchronized between both.
On our end, we have a simple address API that can be used to create a plugin so that when an address is changed the plugin can be triggered in order to change the address in jomsocial :
www.hikashop.com/en/support/documentatio...ntation.html#address

11 years 10 months ago #54072

If anyone has created this plug-in, that would be great. I'd like the update to go both ways.
Thanks!

I do not want to impede the buying process by asking too much (full JomSocial profile). But once, the data (address) is entered or edited, I would like it stored in both places so that the user has a seamless experience.

Thanks.

11 years 10 months ago #54177

There is no plugin that I know of for know.

However, we discussed such development this week on the french forum in that thread :
www.hikashop.com/forum/5-support-en-fran...n.html?lang=fr#53283
It seems that Garstud is interested into developing such synchronization plugin and definitely has the skills for that.
So you might want to contact him about that. I'm sure that a financial contribution would motivate him, if you know what I mean ;)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds