Shipping Zones Issue

• Thank you received: 20
  • Hikashop Essential
8 years 10 months ago #206378

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.5.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3.4.1
-- PHP version -- : 5.4.41
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : 38.0.5

I appear to be having an issue with getting the shipping for all other countires to work. I have a zone for UK. I then created a shipping zone and called it World Wide. I then added all of the countries except UK.

If I add a product and then change the address to another country the shipping does not update it remains on the UK postal rate. Also there is no option to change the shipping rate manually.

Soke assistance appreciated

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 9 months ago #206388

Hi,

This would indicate that you removed the "shipping" view from the "checkout workflow" setting of your HikaShop configuration.
Please make sure that you still have it in your checkout.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #206420

Hi Nicolas

I have attached screenshots for the zone and the checkout workflow. Can you confirm theses are both correct?

Thanks

Dave B)

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 9 months ago #206649

Hello Dave,
Can you show me some screenshots of how you configured your shipping methods including their "Restriction" options ?
Thanks.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #206956

Hi Mohamed

apologies for not replying sooner.

I will be away from my desk now until Friday, so I will try and put some info together then for you. As quick overview.

I went to zones >> New >> Type >> Shipping Zones and gave it the name you see in the attachment. I then clicked Add and selected countries from the dropdown box. I then added all the countries except for the UK. So the sub zones are the countries.

That is how I set up the shipping zone.

I then created a shipping rate for world wide. However when I click a different country the shipping does not change.

Ss far as the restrictions go I then applied the World Wide shipping zone as the restriction.

Dave B)

Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by davec.

8 years 9 months ago #207034

Hi,
Your shipping zone seems to be correctly configured, can you show me how did you configured your shipping methods ?
Also, I tested it on your end and note that you actually just have the "UK" zone displaying through the Country dropdown.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #207179

Hi

I currently only have UK shipping active. I switched the other countries off temporarily until I can resolve the issue.

Dave B)

8 years 9 months ago #207206

I won't be able to understand from where your issue is coming if I can't test it myself or more information, can you show me how did you configured all your shipping methods ?

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #207498

Hi

with the shipping methods. I have created a method for World Wide which contains all countries except the UK. The products have been assigned weights. The weight for Overseas/world wide is set from 0.1 kg, there is currently no upper limit. So I thought that this would change to the rate if a country outside the UK was selected? This bascially does not happen the rate stays as a UK rate.

The checkout is set up as guest, no registration or login required.

I have now set up a duplicate which can be found at /test

Thanks

Dave B)

8 years 9 months ago #207514

Hi,
Ok with what you said it should work, can you give me a temporary back-end access so that I can directly test it ?
You can send it through the contact form : www.hikashop.com/support/contact-us.html

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #207588

Hi

I have just completed the form with the required login info for you

Thanks

Dave B)

8 years 9 months ago #207609

Hello,
I just tested it with a shipping address from USA and it worked fine the "Overseas Postage" shipping method was correctly display.
But if I change my shipping address to a UK one, the shipping method stay the same (your shipping address wasn't submitted), so I changed the "Auto submit shipping and payment methods selection" option to YES via "Hikashop->System->Configuration->Checkout" and it worked fine.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #207709

Thanks for the update.

The part I hoped would change is the rate at the bottom on the first checkout page. Default is UK. Changing the country does not change the shipping at that point. Is there a way this can be achieved?

Thanks

Dave

Attachments:

8 years 9 months ago #207747

I'm currently testing it through your "Test" website, and everything works fine, when I change the country, the shipping method is correctly updating.

• Hikashop Essential
8 years 9 months ago #207827

Ok

seems a bit odd! After add to cart I click Checkout and am presented with a page to fill in my details. I do this and change country but it remains on UK Postage Rate. If I click next then it does indeed update. What I was hoping for was that it would update before having to click the next button.

I will try ot later today on another PC and see what happens.

Thanks for you help

Dave B)

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 9 months ago #207841

Hi,

No, that's normal. You first need to validate the address before the shipping methods can be refreshed on the page.

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds