Using USPS, but can one product be flat rate?

• Thank you received: 0
8 years 4 months ago #222676

We currently have a HikaShop Business edition installed for a client and they had a question.
Currently they are using UPS Shipping, however, they are asking if a particular product could not use UPS Shipping and just have a "flat rate". Is this possible to do?

Thanks for the info!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #222679

Hi,

You can use the "shipping price per product" feature in order to exclude a specific product from a shipping method.
Otherwise, you can use "warehouses" in order to put the product into a different group and product different shipping methods for that warehouse.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 4 months ago #222835

Jerome, thanks for the information. It appears I have the Plugin: HikaShop Shipping manual - Prices per product plugin enabled, but how do I use it to exclude a product from UPS Shipping and allow it to have it's own shipping rate?

I've edited a product, but do not see anywhere to specify a shipping rate for it. Is there any documentation on this feature?

Charles

8 years 4 months ago #222843

Ok, I *think* I've started to figure this out... I can see if I go into Shipping Methods I can add a "Manual Shipping Method" and there is a box that says "Use price per product" and I can set it to yes, and set the price. What I don't see is how to assign this to a specific product.

Ideas?

Charles

• Thank you received: 13069
8 years 4 months ago #222845

Hi,

Once you turn on that option in your shipping methods, edit your products and check the "block" checkbox of your shipping methods in the shipping prices area if you don't want the shipping methods to be available when that product is in the cart.

8 years 4 months ago #222958

So I'd have to edit all my products to block that shipping method from appearing?
Would it be easier to just assign the product I need the flat rate shipping for to a different warehouse?

nicolas wrote: Hi,

Once you turn on that option in your shipping methods, edit your products and check the "block" checkbox of your shipping methods in the shipping prices area if you don't want the shipping methods to be available when that product is in the cart.

8 years 4 months ago #222984

Hmm... starting to wonder if this is even possible to do.
I have tried going the warehouse route and have the following set inside my flat free shipping:

Then I go to my product and I've added it to the correct Warehouse:

Here is where I'm not sure what I need to do if anything. I've tried multiple settings in the shipping prices but can't get anything to show up:

Attachments:

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 4 months ago #223026

Hi,

Okay.. So, once again :
When editing the product, in the section "shipping prices" ; click on the "+" (column "action") and then you will be able to "block" the product for the shipping method.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.
The following user(s) said Thank You: superdmon

8 years 4 months ago #223093

Ok, so does adding the "block" to the product mean it will be "available" for the flat fee?
I've tried this numerous times, but I'll give it another shot :-)

Jerome wrote: Hi,

Okay.. So, once again :
When editing the product, in the section "shipping prices" ; click on the "+" (column "action") and then you will be able to "block" the product for the shipping method.

Regards,

8 years 4 months ago #223095

Looks like part of the reason I wasn't seeing it working was I had to be logged in, and possibly the warehouse thing wasn't working either, I took off the restrictions. Otherwise I think I'm good!

Thanks for your help!

• Thank you received: 1778
8 years 4 months ago #223097

Hello,
Blocking it on the product will only mean that, this shipping method won't be available for that product during the checkout workflow.

Time to create page: 0.062 seconds