TaxCloud Different Billing/Shipping Address Errors

• Thank you received: 21
  • Hikashop Business Hikashop Essential
9 years 10 months ago #159411

-- url of the page with the problem -- : new.littleapplewoodenpuzzles.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 2.3.1
-- Joomla version -- : 3.3.0
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : Any
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : TaxCloud error : The Ship To zip code (XXXXX) is not valid for this state (XX)

If I change/add to a different shipping address I get this warning from TaxCloud:

And if I continue with the order ever thing SEEMS fine until click finish (to go pay via PayPal.come to pay).

At this point, the order's shipping costs are stripped out of the order:

1) On the back end (administration)

2) The new order notification e-mail (to the merchant) and new order created email (to the customer).

3) No shipping costs are disappear even from the PayPal.com payment page.

This happens regardless of the patch provided under another recent issue:
www.hikashop.com/forum/taxes/868807-taxc...celed-restarted.html

I do see this in the Apache web logs however:
PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/media/com_hikashop/mail/order_creation_notification.text.php on line 78, referer: http://new.littleapplewoodenpuzzles.com/handmade-puzzles/cart/checkout/task-step/step-3.html

I managed to recreated this both on the site above and on my internal test server (which is not patched, uses HikaShop manual shipping plugin with flat $5.00 shipping fee, and the HikaShop credit card payment plugin). Both site are on separate physical server, networks. server OS, etc. This seems to be a TaxCloud plugin issue specifically as it happens regardless of shipping or payment method.

If I leave the billing & shipping the same (not adding any other address ever), it all works fine.

Last edit: 9 years 10 months ago by jazzmang. Reason: Forgot to upload images

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2
9 years 10 months ago #159580

Hello,

To fix the error, you just need to edit the TaxCloud plugin file (plugins/hikashop/taxcloud/taxcloud.php) and replace all the "zone_name_english" by "zone_code_3".

This will be fixed in the next release of Hikashop.

The following user(s) said Thank You: jazzmang, Mohamed Thelji

• Thank you received: 14
9 years 10 months ago #159841

One thing to look at... The error message included had "Mi" for the state. This looks suspiciously like a truncated "Michigan". TaxCloud Lookup needs the 2 character abbreviation, and will ignore all but the first two characters. So, you may see this error alot if the full state name is being handed in; in many states the abreviation is not the same as the first 2 characters.
;)

TaxCloud is the internet's only free sales tax service.
Learn more at taxcloud.com
Support available via service.taxcloud.net or by email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds