Taxes options

• Thank you received: 2
8 years 11 months ago #202210

-- HikaShop version -- : 2.4.0
-- Joomla version -- : 3
-- Error-message(debug-mod must be tuned on) -- : The online VAT number check needs the SOAP extension for PHP. If you don't have it, please install it and then activate it. Otherwise, deactivate the online VAT number check.

Hello

I' m trying to configure different taxes for different groups of companies and I need help:

I made 2 taxes categories - one for all people (24 %) and another for companies that have VAT number (0%).
When I insert VAT number (a real one) I have this error:

The online VAT number check needs the SOAP extension for PHP. If you don't have it, please install it and then activate it. Otherwise, deactivate the online VAT number check.

If I disable the checker, the VAT for companies with vat is 24% also and not 0% like I need.

What is wrong?

Thanks for helping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
8 years 11 months ago #202213

Hi,

As the error message says, the VAT number check needs the PHP SOAP extension. You'll need to contact your hosting company or system administrator so that they can add it to your web server.

8 years 11 months ago #202305

Thank you, they fixed this. No more error for vat checker.

But there is no difference between the 2 taxes options that I configured.

One for companies with vat number (0%)
One for others (individuals and companies without vat number (24%) (screenshot attached)

When I try to buy something both with vat number or without, I have the same price with 24% vat.

What is wrong?

Thanks

Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago #202318

Hi,

Note that you don't need the first tax rule. If no tax rule is found for the current situation, no tax will apply to the price.
So this means that regardless of whether you enter the VAT number or not, the system considers you as a company without a VAT number.
Did you keep the "Default address type" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "Individual" ? Otherwise, it could come from that.

8 years 11 months ago #202382

Thanks but it's not working.

I deleted the first rule. I checked the "Default address type" and try to set it to all options. Nothing works.
There is no difference if I insert a vat number or not. In the 2 cases the system apply taxes or not ( according to the address type). But there is no way to have taxes only for the company without vat number or individual.

Please help me. Thank you.

8 years 11 months ago #202423

It's working fine on our end, so there must be a problem with how your set it all up.
Please provide a backend access via our contact page so that we can check your settings.

8 years 11 months ago #202488

Sent!

Thank you!

8 years 11 months ago #202577

Hi,

I've check your settings and there were several issues:
- You changed the "Default address type" from "Individual" to "company with VAT number". As I said previously, you should not change that setting in most cases.
- Instead of using the "address_company" field which is by default in HikaShop, you created another field which is not taken into account by the system for the address type. I've disabled it and enabled instead the default address_company field of HikaShop.
- You don't have any shipping address on your checkout since you have the "Force shipping regardless of weight" setting of the HikaShop configuration turned off and no weight in your products but you configured the "Type of address used for tax" setting of the HikaShop configuration to "shipping". I've changed it to "billing" so that it works with how you setup your checkout.

The taxes now switch on/off on your checkout based on whether the VAT number is entered or not in the billing address.

PS: Please note that personal support like that is included with your purchase of HikaShop Business for one website but it seems you're asking for support for all the websites you're making with the same purchase.

8 years 11 months ago #202582

First of all thank you very much!

And about the support, I'll really didn't notice that and I see now that the support is only for one site.
Sorry for that and don't worry, I'll handle it in front of my client on Monday. Just tell me how to buy a subscription for this site.

You really deserve it!

Thank you for ALL!!!

8 years 11 months ago #202584

Hi,

You can purchase additional subscriptions for the Business edition on this page:
www.hikashop.com/extensions/hika-business.html

8 years 11 months ago #202774

I'm sorry but this link is to buy Hikashop business. I only need a subscription for a new site. Am I right?

Please give me a relevant link.

Thanks

• Thank you received: 4004
8 years 11 months ago #202815

Hi,

It is the current relevant link.
If you want a subscription for a new site, you need a new HikaShop license/subscription.

We might propose in the future things for multi-website licenses but we are still thinking about it.

Regards,

Jerome - Obsidev.com
HikaMarket & HikaSerial developer / HikaShop core dev team.

Also helping the HikaShop support team when having some time or couldn't sleep.
By the way, do not send me private message, use the "contact us" form instead.

8 years 11 months ago #202828

But the license I buy is for an usage of "no limit of time". So why do I need to buy another license for another site? Can't I buy only subscription?
It's a bit confusing :S

Attachments:

8 years 11 months ago #202831

Hi,

I don't see the link between the fact that you're not limited in time to use your HikaShop on your website and the fact that the support is for only one website.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds