• Hikamarket Multivendor Hikashop Business
9 months 3 weeks ago #353024

-- url of the page with the problem -- : chateau-beaurang.com/
-- HikaShop version -- : 4.7.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4.3.2
-- PHP version -- : 8.1.16
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : No Matter

Hello,

When a customer buys a product on this site, he is not subject to VAT if his address is outside France. I've checked all the settings in the general configuration, see below

On the product, see below

and on variant, see below

But if i go on front end and I want to make te checkout, is it without VAT for an italian address, see below

And with VAT for a french address, see below

It's understandable and I can't see where this is coming from and as I'm not used to managing B2C sites I've never had this problem before. The Hikashop team must have had this problem, given the enormity of my request, and I apologize again... If you can help me it would be a pleasure, thank you in advance.

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by erix. Reason: Answer given by support

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 3 weeks ago #353025

Hi,

You need to check your tax rules in the menu System>Taxes of HikaShop. There, you must have a tax rule configured with France selected in the "zone" setting of the tax rule, which limits the tax to only users located in France. If you want the tax to be included regardless of the address of the customer, you want to leave the zone setting of your tax rule empty.
I would recommend you to check with your accountant on what tax should be taken for which country. Based on where the products are shipped, and what type of products they are, it could change a lot...
For example, on our website, the tax rate is different for each country in the European Union, and users outside the EU are not taxed.

• Thank you received: 5
9 months 3 weeks ago #353038

Thank you Nicolas for your reply.
I saw a part of your answer in this document www.hikashop.com/support/2-uncategorised...urope-vat-rules.html (for information the package doesn't work on J4)
I will modifiy the taxes rules on this website after asking the client for her accounting advices

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

• Thank you received: 13071
9 months 3 weeks ago #353044

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I've updated the plugin so that it works on Joomla 4.

9 months 3 weeks ago #353104

nicolas wrote: (...)If you want the tax to be included regardless of the address of the customer, you want to leave the zone setting of your tax rule empty.

Well it's impossible to delete the zone, I can only change the zone and not delete the zone already choosen.

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

9 months 3 weeks ago #353105

ok I was not in the right area, sorry for my last post

Adishatz, erix
www.agerix.fr

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds