Wishlist Language Text

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #133145

Joomla! 2.5.14
HikaShop Business: 2.2.2

I am trying to add the wishlist option to my website. I just want a simply link that says something like "My Wishlist".

Currently, the "wish list" module seems to be usng the same language as the "cart" module and I cannot figure out how to separate them.

This is the language text I am using for the cart module.
X_ITEMS_FOR_X="<span class="myBag">My Bag</span><br><span class="myBagTotal">%s Items: %s<span class="myBag">"

Where/what is the language for the wish list so that I can change it please? Please see attached pic. The cart is on the left and the wishlist is on the right.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 5 months ago #133220

Hi,

The wishlist module use the same view than the cart. The view in question is "product / cart".
To have a different name, you generally don't have to edit that text string, but set a different module name in the module options.

If you really want to do that this way, you have to edit the given view via the menu Display > Views and add a if condition to display one or another text string. For example: X_ITEMS_FOR_X for the cart, and X_ITEMS_FOR_X_WISHLIST for the wishlist.
And then add a text translation in the override part of the language file like:
X_ITEMS_FOR_X_WISHLIST ="<span class="myBag">My Wish list</span><br><span class="myBagTotal">%s Items: %s<span class="myBag">"

• Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #133625

What I would prefer is to just have a link to the wishlist.

So the link would say something like "My Wishlist" and when the user clicks on the link it takes them directly to their wishlist?

Is it possible for me to do it that way? Thank you!!

10 years 5 months ago #133644

Hi,

You can create a menu with the type HikaShop > Cart display, then in the options of this menu select "Wishlist" to redirect to the user wishlist.
Then you can create your link where you want and re-use the link of the previously created menu.
This menu can be a hidden one in order to not display this entry in the main menu of your website.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #133781

Hi Xavier,

How do I get it to go to the list that shows all the items in the wishlist rather than just a list. It's kinda hard to explain so please see the attached. I would prefer it to go directly to the first one.

Thank you!

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by MyWorld.

10 years 5 months ago #134065

Hi,

To display the list of the carts, you need a menu type "cart listing", to display the current cart your have to select "cart display" when creating a menu.

• Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #134624

Thank you!!

Time to create page: 0.077 seconds