Wishlist Things That Need Fixing

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #133147

Joomla! 2.5.14
HikaShop Business: 2.2.2

1) If I click on "Add to Wishlist" and I am not logged in, I get the attached message. How do I fix the LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLIST to the proper text.

And why does it say "product category" at the bottom?

2) Also, when I add a product to the wishlist, I don't get a message saying it's been added to the wishlist. FYI: I am logged in when I try this.

Thanks!!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 2322
10 years 5 months ago #133222

Hi,

This text string should already be translated, but you can add the following string to the overrride part of the language file via the menu Configuration > Languages.

LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS="You must be logged in to use the wishlists."

It depend on your configuration, how did you set the parameter when a product is added to the cart in Configuration > Main > Cart ? If it's popup mode, the message should be displayed, if it's redirect to checkout no messages are displayed but it show the wishlists, and if it's stay on the current page, the wishlist module is refreshed.

PS: many fixes have been made recently about the wishlists and cart, so the changes will be in the next release.

• Thank you received: 0
10 years 5 months ago #133225

Hi,

How to disable login request and have public acces for wishlist?

"LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS"

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by Dragos.

10 years 5 months ago #133306

Hi,

Actually there is no options to allow guest users to use wishlist, it was on before but there were problems with the way it was working.
I have in the todo list to improve the system in order to allow the use of wishlists for guest users.

10 years 5 months ago #133333

That's a bad news,

I use this shop for one alimentar shop, and this is the most important component in our sistem, people make wishlist and sent to us to prepare order and pay in real shop.

So give me please solutions to solve this problem, this week must to finish.

Thank,s

10 years 5 months ago #133445

Hi,

And why not use HikaShop as a standard shop, customers add products to their carts, then go to the checkout and as payment method you can use the "collect on delivery" one. By this way the order is created, so you can directly look into the orders, or get an email with the order content and prepare the command, and customer pay in real shop.

In the checkout options, you can use the "Guest checkout" option and disable all the registration systems.
You can too disable the HikaShop custom fields for the address and set the desired one to get for example the name of the customer.

Hope this will help you.

10 years 5 months ago #133533

Hi and thanks for answer and rapidity

I do that and i switch to catalog mode

all ok, i have 2 other question

1. Check the atasament, i whant to replace in wishlists , add to cart step with email send step for a specific wishlist ( selected)

2. how to customize print page and email page

i hope have a solution for this 2

Thanks a lott in advance

Attachments:

10 years 5 months ago #133535

still reques loghin in difrent browser :(

Attachments:

10 years 5 months ago #133554

is not a browser problem, i clear cache and don't resolve the basic problem

• Thank you received: 11
  • Hikashop Business
10 years 5 months ago #133623

This text string should already be translated, but you can add the following string to the overrride part of the language file via the menu Configuration > Languages.
LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS="You must be logged in to use the wishlists."

The string is there and is translated. I am not sure why it's showing this: LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS

It depend on your configuration, how did you set the parameter when a product is added to the cart in Configuration > Main > Cart ? If it's popup mode, the message should be displayed, if it's redirect to checkout no messages are displayed but it show the wishlists, and if it's stay on the current page, the wishlist module is refreshed.

I have this option selected "stay if cart module displayed". But should I still not get a message?

Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by MyWorld.

10 years 5 months ago #133645

Hi,

@Dragos:
In your case, you have to disable totally the wishlists. It's actually not usable for guest users.
Don't enable the Catalog mode, by this way the customers can add the products to cart, as a normal web shop.
The difference is when checking out, they create their order but as payment method you have to use the "Collect on delivery" one, you can rename this method to "Pay at shop", so the customer will create an order, and pay at real shop.
When the order is created, you will receive an email with the items, so it 's working like the wishlists.

@MyWorld:
1. Thanks to enable the Joomla debug language option in the Joomla configuration in order to see from where the problem come.

2. The message seem to be missing, I have recently make improvements about these messages, this will be in the next release.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Dragos

10 years 5 months ago #133658

Nice and great ideea to use cart as a wishlist

work excelent

Thanks for suport

• Thank you received: 1
10 years 3 months ago #141111

I found the error reported by @MyWorld. It's on file /components/com_hikashop/controllers/product.php line #356.

$app->enqueueMessage('LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS');
should be
$app->enqueueMessage(JText::_('LOGIN_REQUIRED_FOR_WISHLISTS'));

10 years 3 months ago #142094

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds