Style Rockettheme Mercado (Ecwid)

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 1 month ago #10372

I think one of the things that would make people more interested in Hikashop, is improved layout/design.
Is is possible that Hikashop could provide style/CSS to Rockettheme for their latest Mercado template?
demo.rockettheme.com/

Rockettheme their self write in their forum:
redCOMPONENTS did their own styling for redSHOP, as did the Tienda people who did their own styling for the Tienda extension. They just provided us with the required CSS etc.

That said, we can't support every ecommerce app out there, take Mercado, see how these extensions were styled, and style HikaShop yourself. Or, ask the HikaShop people to create style for Mercado.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13078
13 years 1 month ago #10373

We provide as less CSS as possible so that HikaShop uses as much CSS as possible from the template itself.
So I'm not sure what kind of CSS you're expecting from us to "integrate" with that template ?

We want to provide different frontend css files in the future so that you can change easily the appearance of hikashop, but that has nothing to do with being compatible with the CSS of a joomla template.
Besides, we don't have that template on our end so we can't do much :/

13 years 1 month ago #10377

@seociable - I think the approach that the Hikashop team has taken with regard to styling is a good one. Let the shop use as much of the template styling as possible so that it blends in well with other pages on the site and if you decide to change templates, there should be very little that you have to rework.

I use a RT template for www.HighDesertVideo.com and so far have found no need, or at least minimal need, to augment template or Hikashop css to make it work. Granted, my site is pretty much box stock stuff, but the hooks are in the Hikashop code when you do need to make a change. This forum is full of examples where Nicolas has suggested ways to use Hikashop css and view files to achieve an end.

What would you like to see provided with the RT template that might make it work better with Hikashop? Personally, I think RT claims of compatibility with specific components is more sales hype than real value, but that's just my opinion. ;) I don't use any of the component/module specific features so can't really be objective on the subject.

Regards,
Ed

13 years 1 month ago #10382

Thanks both of you.

I really liked the RT template and my immediate thought was "Damn, it would be nice to see Hikashop on this template".

After that i read in the forum and only fund the text above, actually there were more text that i didnt included - "Hikashop, never heard of it".

I´m not skilled with CSS, i can change preset #code nothing more, so i don´t know how Hikashop has construct their CSS. So it was more an idea that would be nice to see Hikashop support for this template.

I think Hikashop is great, i have made a complete Swedish translation, but as the comment above indicate - Hikashop is pretty anonymous. It would be great commercial for Hikashop to be seen at Rockettheme but if the CSS structure is not suited for this, it´s nothing to do. I agree RT approach is a sales hype, but still.. :)

Thanks again for input

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds