Category page with Charactoristic section

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3153

When you have a menu page that has unique items and then one item has Characteristics, is it possible to turn of the "Add to cart" option under the Charactoristics item?

The other 3 items users can just buy, so the Add to cart button is fine, however the one item that has options also has a "Add to cart" button, but all this does is add a Zero value product to the cart. I would like the user to go into the product page, pick the option they want then add to cart.

The only way round it I see at the moment is to turn off the Add to cart button on the Menu module, then add manual add to cart links.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3166

That's indeed a limitation of the system currently.

What you can do is remove the prices of the main product if not already done and set your prices in the variants.

Then, in the files listing_img_* of the view product that you can edit in the menu Display->Views, you can change the code:

if($this->params->get('add_to_cart')){
to
if($this->params->get('add_to_cart') && !empty($this->row->prices)){
so that the add to cart button will be only displayed when the product has a price.

That work around will avoid to make another query in the database just to check on that case.

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
13 years 4 months ago #3272

This helped me as well, thanks.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds