Stay on same page when adding to cart

• Thank you received: 0
13 years 4 months ago #3321

Even when “Always stay on same page” is selected, when clicking “Add to cart” I am taken to the default Checkout page (/component/hikashop/checkout). How do ensure that customers will stay on same page?

The main problem with this is that the “Next” button is at the very bottom of the page, not easy to see. This must be a CSS thing, but I can’t figure out how to bring the button up. Any suggestions? I have discovered that adding a module (even an empty one) to the right side forces the “next” button upward. But that's not the idea solution.

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3339

Hi,

We couldn't reproduce the problem you're talking about with the "add to cart" button. You can test on our demo website... It works as expected.

The next button can indeed be moved with some CSS. However, we can't tell you precisely what CSS you should use without seeing the page. Could you provide a link to it ?

13 years 4 months ago #3348

It's not the "add to cart" button, but the html link that I'm having trouble with.

Here is the page in question

paramipress.com/books/mapping-the-dharma/mtd

Notice the difference when next clicking on the "view cart" button in the navigation menu.

Paul

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3353

The HTML link is just an HTML link. The option in the configuration onle works with standard HikaShop "add to cart" buttons. So it's normal it redirects you to the checkout. If you want to stay on the same page, then you need to change your link.
That is your link currently:

http://paramipress.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&checkout=1&product_id=1
That is want you should have to stay on the same page:
http://paramipress.com/index.php?option=com_hikashop&ctrl=product&task=updatecart&quantity=1&product_id=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fparamipress.com%2fbooks%2fmapping-the-dharma%2fmtd
As you can see, you need to remove the checkout parameter and add a url parameter where you need to specify the current page.

For the "next" button being at the bottom of the page, the problem comes from your template.

You have the CSS :
#main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FDFAF1;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 25px 20px 20px;
    position: relative;
}
which you should replace by:
#main {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #FDFAF1;
    float: left;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 25px 20px 20px;
    position: relative;
    width: 95%;
}
in the file paramipress.com/templates/parami_template/css/position.css

13 years 4 months ago #3370

Excellent! I knew there would be easy solutions to these problems. Finding them on my own is not so easy. Your reputation of giving solid support is justified once again. Thank you, Nicolas.

Paul

Time to create page: 0.059 seconds