How to upload large files?

• Thank you received: 7
13 years 4 months ago #3475

Hi there,

I'm testing Hikashop for possible integration with my site www.nucleus-soundlab.com

We sell quite large downloadable products - many are multi-GB in size. So its a good feature for me that Hikashop will automatically serve downloads to customers after purchasing.

What I'm having trouble with is uploading large files to match each product. It seems there is a php limit of some kind at work here. I did edit my php.ini using the 'phpini QuickConfig' on my Hostgator Cpanel so that post_max_size is higher. However, I cannot modify upload_max_filesize - its grayed out and not modifiable.

I'm really not sure how these two commands work together. But I absolutely need a much larger upload size or I can't use Hikashop. I need at least 2.5gb upload limit. Failing that, I need some way to get Hikashop to access files I've already transfered via FTP to my server. In fact that's a much better option than forcing us to use the php back-end to upload...

Thanks for your time!

Jeremy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13082
13 years 4 months ago #3483

Hi,

We want to add an interface in the future to be able to select a file which is already on the server. For now, the solution is easy:
You can just upload a small file with the same name via the interface. Once done, you can upload your big file over the small file in the "upload" folder (the default path is components/com_hikashop/upload/safe but you can change it in the configuration under the tab files).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.053 seconds