Product price changes after Import CSV, why?

• Thank you received: 4
6 years 1 month ago #289688

Hi,
I import all my Products by CSV. Titel, Discripcion, price etc etc, all was fine, then i export my products to add further information, like Brands and Categories. But when i import my new file back all my prices are changing from 79,95 € to 7.995,00 €, 112,95 € to 11.295,00 € Waht is happend, why all my prices are chaning and where is the error. And at least, what can i do the fix the problem. Unfortunately, I haven't got the original csv anymore and i don t know how to fix it in exel. Can anybody please help .) I hope i do not need to do everything oncemore.

Sincerely
Alexandra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13069
6 years 1 month ago #289712

Hi,

The problem is probably that when you open the exported CSV in Excel, it converted the prices and you didn't notice. Then in the CSV you reimported, the prices were incorrect.
So you would have to get back the CSV you first used for the import and reimport it. That will put back the prices correctly.

6 years 1 month ago #289750

Ok Thank You .)

6 years 1 month ago #289825

Hi Nicolas,
I think there is anything wrong, with my prices.. When i edit my prices it change also my prices, i must be able to work on my prices without problems. Then the next problem is, i uplaod my file with the corrected prices and exactly this roducts i lost now. they just aren't there anymore. There is anything wrong. it's not just the file, also the editing does not work. Please have a look, whats happend there. I always (many years) work with files for changing things on my Products, i never had theese problems before. Working with files in exel and editing this has to work. I can send you the file, please let me know, where i can send it.
Sincerely
Alexandra
Please let me know where i can send you the files, because with every export the file changes without i making any changes.

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Alexa.

6 years 1 month ago #289838

Hi,

Well, I can't say anything without looking at the CSVs you're talking about. But HikaShop itself doesn't change anything and no one else reported such issue. So I'm more inclined to believe that your CSV reader opened the files in a wrong way, which is something which happens often.
You can use contact AT hikashop DOT com to send your files. Please provide the necessary information in your email for us to be able to understand the situation.

6 years 1 month ago #289879

Hi Nicolas,
Thank you for your fast answer and i send you the error file by mail.
Meanwhile i have made and uploaded a new file (products)
I don t know where the error is. Maybe you're right, and it's exel.
Sincerely
Alexandra

• Thank you received: 0
  • Hikashop Business
5 years 10 months ago #294325

Hi Alexa,

to get the price right uploading excel sheet.

You have to check on Hikashop--Configuration on the "main tab" scrolling down to "Files" (archivos) and put as field separator "point and coma" and as "CSV decimal separator" just "coma"
Now you can download the product sheet in excel BUT YOU HAVE TO IMPORT AS A TEXT FILE IN EXCEL. (don't forget to put coma as a separator when you import the csv file. When you are finished save as "csv file separated by commas" AND choose from TOOLS "web options" and got to the codification tab and choose from "save this document as" the "Unicode (UTF8)" and check the box below.
If you have any question you're welcome

Regards Nico

5 years 10 months ago #294336

Hi,

Thanks. Please note however that the default CSV separator will depend on your version of Excel and locale.
The exact steps to open a CSV in Excel will also depend on the version of Excel you're using.
They aren't making it easy for us :)

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by nicolas.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds