Menu item Products listing will not open product page

• Thank you received: 2
  • Hikashop Essential
3 weeks 6 hours ago #360247

-- url of the page with the problem -- : www.sunflowergirlfarm.com/index.php/purchase-products
-- HikaShop version -- : 5.0.4
-- Joomla version -- : 4+
-- PHP version -- : 8.0.3
-- Browser(s) name and version -- : firfox

I have built a new site loaded in a test page in my siteground server account - without a domain. I recently added the domain name www.sunflowergirlfarm.com to it and it is now live at that address.

Before I made it live - clicking on items on the products list page would open the products page. Now it shows a=
"The page isn’t redirecting properly
An error occurred during a connection to www.sunflowergirlfarm.com ".

If I turn debug on and test it - it goes back to the main page.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13075
3 weeks 3 hours ago #360248

Hi,

The first product "bucket of blooms" doesn't have the issue. Only the other products.
And if you look at the URLs of all the products, you can see that for this product, it has the menu item alias "purchase-products", like in the products listing, while the other products have the alias "hikashop" instead.
So I guess you must have renamed the menu item alias at some point. However, for the products with the "hikashop" alias in the URL, I suppose you must have provided a "canonical URL" with that "hikashop" alias, while for the "bucket of blooms" product, either you don't have a canonical URL ( and thus the URL is generated dynamically ), or you have a canonical URL with the correct alias.
So I would recommend checking the canonical URL of your products in your backend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds