Affiliate handling on coupons instead of link

• Thank you received: 5
  • Hikashop Business
3 months 3 days ago #358504

Hi, as affiliates all want to sell by giving discounts, i asked my developer this:

or my partners i need to do 2 things:
1. open up every order to see which coupon is used.
2. select the order -> actions -> update the values -> partner id -> add partner number.

1. Can you make an extra column that shows the coupon used in the orders listing?
2. Can you make a button that does nr2 so i only have to add partner number?

If yes, please do. still same login for you. Let me know the costs :).

Because updates could be an issue i added that a plugin/patch would be an option so he replied the following:

I have reviewed the HikaShop codes for the orders listing and details page.

It's more complicated than it appears, so here are two options:

Modify and extend HikaShop core files:
Not possible to create a patch, as HikaShop can change its codes. Applying an old patch may result in errors or non-functionality in other areas.
You won't be able to update HikaShop.
This is a low-cost solution.
Modify only the Orders Listing and Details page:
You need to replace 2 files (listing and details) after HikaShop update. Which you can done safely.
Additional queries/programming can be done by developing a custom component which won't visible to you at the Administrator.
You can update HikaShop.
This is a more costly solution.

Is there another way, or will this soon become a standard? How best to approach this in a way that i can quickly see in my orders which coupons are used and click to add the partner?
Alternatively the best solution would be to have the system add the partner+fee when their coupon is used. This would need the coupon to have an option to link to affiliate id number i guess.

Hope te learn! Kind regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 13071
3 months 2 days ago #358507

Hi,

1. This column already exists by default. You just need to enable it in the column selector on the top right corner of the orders listing.

2. We'll think about it for future improvements. Thanks for your feedback.

still same login for you.

We don't keep on record the accesses everyone provide for security reasons.

Is there another way, or will this soon become a standard?

Modifying the core files directly is indeed not advised as you'll have to add again the changes after each update.
However, having a whole component to add these is completely overkill.
First, for the listing, even if we didn't already have the column by default in HikaShop, you could easily add it with a view override of the order / listing view file via the menu Display>Views. It would only require a few lines of code in there.
Adding a button for the partner data to be added / modified on the order view could be done with the development of a small plugin implementing the correct events of HikaShop : www.hikashop.com/support/documentation/6...r-documentation.html
That's what HikaSerial uses to add the serial list to the order interface. This should be about a hundred lines of code.

Alternatively the best solution would be to have the system add the partner+fee when their coupon is used. This would need the coupon to have an option to link to affiliate id number i guess.

You're totally right. If you edit a coupon in the backend, you actually have a setting "Force affiliation to" which allows you to select a partner. If you do so, then, when someone uses that coupon for an order, the order will be automatically associated with that partner without having to do anything.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358561

Thanks, This was what i was looking for :).

Just to explain, the column i hope to gain is a coupon column in orders listing, not the indeed already existing partner column.
But as i can now connect most partners to a coupon, it's not priority anymore :).

The login details were inside the message to the developer.

And 1 more question about linking the coupon to partner:
I have 1 partner that had a hikashop customer account so it would not link in coupons. I added a Joomla user account for him but made a mistake in emailaddess. So changing the emailaddress it made a seperate user/customer in hikashop and when i do Action->update the values-> and pick an option to make the user and customer id match, i get a warning message that the emailaddress already exists.
Inside the Force affiliation in coupons i see () as the emailaddress is now without name and user

Attachments:

3 months 1 day ago #358566

Hi,

the column i hope to gain is a coupon column in orders listing, not the indeed already existing partner column.

HikaShop has both columns by default. However, only the "partner" one is displayed by default. The coupon one needs to be activated in the columns dropdown on the top right of the listing, as I was saying.

2. Guest users are not supposed to be partners.
Now, I don't understand what you mean by "when i do Action->update the values-> and pick an option to make the user and customer id match, i get a warning message that the emailaddress already exists.". How come HikaShop would display a warning about email addresses, when you're just changing ids ? It seems to me that I'm missing some information here. Without knowing more, I can only think that the problem is with the mass action you're trying to run.

• Hikashop Business
3 months 1 day ago #358582

I will add a screenshot for 1. I do not have or see column option Coupon

for 2. Let me ask a question instead of rephrasing the issue:

How do i connect/fuse a Hikashop customer to a seperate Joomla user and have them both have the same emailadres?

Thanks

Attachments:

3 months 9 hours ago #358585

Hi,

1. Then it means that you're using an old version of HikaShop. As you didn't specify your version number, I assumed you had the latest one. Update and you'll have it.

2. So I understand that you have this:
- email address 1 has an entry as a guest user in HikaShop
- email address 2 has a Joomla user account, and a user entry linked to it in HikaShop
Now, you want to user email address 1 for the Joomla user account, is that correct ?
In that case, you want to first delete the guest user in HikaShop. Then, you can change the email address of the user account.

The following user(s) said Thank You: NicoW

• Hikashop Business
3 months 9 hours ago #358602

I solved nr 1 with the latest update.
nr 2 solved itself with the update as well. That was a blessing

Time to create page: 0.073 seconds